Smart Samsung tv stopped working

Jan 23, 2019
While in mid-program our Samsung tv went black, and continued to make popping noises. I have taken off the back and it appears the popping is emanating from the power supply board.
This tv is only 3 years old.

darkbreeze

Honorable
If it is still under warranty, I'd start an RMA or warranty replacement with whomever holds the extended warranty plan if you have one. If not, then you are probably looking at replacing the main power board, but there are other things it could be as well and none of them are things we could easily teach or instruct on how to test or what to look for on here other than if you are very handy you might take the back off the unit and look for any leaking or bulging capacitors on the main power board.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
mtp1032 Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 4
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 6
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 9
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
Question App volume problems on Samsung Smart TV with LG Soundbar
Question WHATS BETTER HDMI OR OPTICAL CABLE FOR MY SAMSUNG SMART TV AND LG HOME THEATER
Question How to screen mirror my Samsung Android to my element smart tv
Question Switching between Apps on Cube and Apps on Samsung Smart TV?
Question I have wi fi which on my pc,smart tv,and mobiles.I want to stream to another tv in the bedroom (samsung) which has an internet button on the controlle
How To I want to connect a Bose speaker to my (not so smart) Samsung smart TV model UN55ES71000 I found the 2.1 version or Bluetooth speed is not upgradable
samsung smart tv memory problem
How connect my Acer laptop ES1-512 to my Samsung smart tv?
Samsung smart tv
How can I connect my old Sony cabinet speakers to my new Samsung Smart 4K tv?
Can I control my Samsung smart tv if it’s not at my house
I am unable to get my surround sound Dennon to work with my Samsung Smart TV while on Netflix. Can you help me?
Solved! No audio between old Sony VCR & new Samsung smart TV
How to set my Sony smart TV and Samsung BD-player to make the hdmi-ARC work? Current there is no sound. I am already using a h
Solved! How do I stop the tv asking which region or country I am in every time I switch on my tv is a samsung UE43NU7470 smart 4K
Hulu stopped working on Samsung Smart Tv using proxy
Samsung Smart TV - Youtube audio only stops working after about 20 minutes
I have a Samsung smart tv model UN55D6300SFXZC. Netflix stopped working. Telling me to upgrade software. Nothing to upgrade.
Samsung UE40F6320 WiFi stopped working
I changed my Samsung Smart TV model no. UE42F5500 factory settings from UK to India now it stopped working. Can anyone plz hel

ASK THE COMMUNITY