Smellovision is Here: 4D Tech Coming to 200 US Theaters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]whiteodian[/nom]$2 million per theater! Save your money. I already have a personal boycott on almost all 3D showings of films. Not because the experience sucks, but because they are cramming it down our throats.[/citation]

How are 'they' cramming 3D down your throats? There are always 2D version.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]distortion[/nom]I am NOT watching the human centipede like this.[/citation]
i would... my god i would... just to say i have.

[citation][nom]santeana[/nom]Keep all the gimmicks! Just give me back those good old $4.25 ticket prices![/citation]

you do know why they are that expensive right?
thearters make no money on tickets.
for digital, they have to have that studios projector to project the movie...

holloywood makes me sick when you read about all the crap they pull for the sake of an extra $

-------------------

all that said, give me a movie that is 1 hour of new game smell, instruction booklets, retro cartage new game smell, and new book smell, and i am totally going there for that alone.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Great! More expensive tickets coming soon to your local theater. Mine is already charging $15.50 for 3D movies[/citation]

Hah.. That's cheap compared to here. $18 for 2D and $24 for 3D.
Not to mention the candy bar sells popcorn and a large frozen coke for $11.

Bags of lollies like Maltesers or M&M's cost $5 each.

Australia for you...

AusVip3r

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Do Americans ever not whinge about the cost of things? You guys have got it so lucky, everything you do or buy costs half as much as we pay and we don't make it our daily objective to continuously whinge about the smallest of things. How about don't pay the extra $8 and watch it normally like you do now without these special seats. There not gona outfit every cinema in the complex. Stop whinging and enjoy life you get everything so damn cheap already!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Hah.. That's cheap compared to here. $18 for 2D and $24 for 3D.Not to mention the candy bar sells popcorn and a large frozen coke for $11.Bags of lollies like Maltesers or M&M's cost $5 each.Australia for you...[/citation]
that's why i havn't gone to a movie in over 2 years....now i just wait until it comes on apple tv or netflix...i can't wait for the day when no one will go to the movies again

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
I can see a problem with this when in a movie there is a fire.The movie watcher will say I smell fire and it end up in a panic.

G

I don't know, try real life for a change? Rain, wind and flowers for free (subject to change, so get it while it lasts).

captaincharisma

Distinguished
well it something i will try out. i went to watch a 3D movie (since the movie was only available in 3D) and it was nothing but the same old 3D teck they used in the 70's and 80's. but this? i don't think anyone really wanted to smell a movie

G

imagine watching zombie movie in 4D....you'll get rotten flesh all along the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.