Smokescreen Renders Flash in JavaScript

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
ROFL

Apple goes on about banning Flash because it "drains too much battery power" so someone makes a plug-in to convert Flash into the Apple supported methods and end up causing an even HIGHER battery drain having to run through interpreting it and then render it.

brianmoz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
people want structure on the web and apple provides it. if apple products sucked people wouldnt buy them. you guys sound pathetic when you get all pissed off at a company for making successful products or implementing content control. when people choose to buy the product it isnt as if they are being forced into something, they choose the structure apple makes because it is safer and simpler.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]techguy911[/nom]i should know i have been a security expert for over 20 years.[/citation]

Some security expert if you need to cripple your web experience in order to be "safe". Kind of like a bodyguard that doesn't let you out of panic room.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]brianmoz[/nom]people want structure on the web and apple provides it.[/citation

Yeah, so did Compuserve, AOL and the original Microsoft Network. Then they lost ground to the open anarchic chaotic Internet.

Apple is not blocking Flash to provide structure but to lock in users to Apple's app store so that they can profit on every app sold by limiting choices.

G

Flash sucks though, anyone whom thinks its good, just doesnt understand the hidden problems with it.

If my cell phone to click an app or use it, and I had to wait 30 secs to view some kinda advertising imbedded systems on my phone it would quickly go to the garbage.

Whom would use their smart phone for doing something, when you get a 30 sec forced advertisment just to answer a phone call?? Well flaah allows that imbedded transport system to occur, thats why Apple doesnt want 3rd party uncontrolable advertising within their phone systems. Has nothing to do with the simple video player part of it, its flashes extended ability to embed other malware or advertising thats uncontolable due to its embeded within another system so it cant be monitored or maintained within thier control.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Finally, a solution to my problem of NOT HAVING ENOUGH ADVERTISEMENTS littering my browser. Not only that, but the solution to my problem involves slowing my browser to a crawl, hogging up system resources, slowing down my phone, and reducing my battery life. EXCELLENT.

I never knew this was such a problem but leave it to the anti-Apple fanboys that troll the comments sections to point out that gem to me. Really grasping for straws with this one guys. Seriously.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]descendency[/nom]Can they make this work on the PC too? I need a better way to run Flash.[/citation]
Its actually slower.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]If you can find a way to run flash games whilst removing the flash adverts then by all means ... oh, hang on a minute ... install Adblock?Wow, that was easy, I managed to enrich your online experience and torpedo your arguement in a single actAnd for my next trick I will make Steve Jobs pull a rabbit from out of his ass![/citation]

Haha. This thing can't even load simple advertisements without massive lag and here you are talking about playing games? Not possible. It would be nice if the iPhone was running a Core i7 and had the processing horsepower for this but sadly it's not. Playing flash games on an iPad or iPhone through an emulator is never going to work. Playing flash games with flash 10.1 on the Nexus One hardly works.

"Enrich" my online experience? How so? By slowing down my browser, slowing down my phone, consuming system resources, limiting my battery life, and forcing me to add a memory consuming plug-in to block ads that I wasn't having to worry about in the first place? That sounds awesome. Where do I sign up for this enriching experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.