Iwillnot

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Hello, people. I'm looking for a new gaming laptop. I can afford $800-$820 (about €600). I know I won't get the "best of the market", but I cannot afford more... Well, I'm going to tell you the games I would play with the laptop. I'd like to play them at maximum video settings, if possible. Or normal:
-Garry's Mod (GMOD)
-Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2)
-Team Fortress 2 (TF2)
-Saints Row: The Third (SR3)
-Grand Theft Auto: IV (GTA IV)
-MAX PAYNE 3
-Half-Life 2 (HL2)
-Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO)

I'd want good FPS at this games.

I'd like it to have Windows 7, not Windows 8, please (mainly because I think some games do not support it). I'd want a good NVIDIA or AMD graphic card, but not Intel. I'd also want a i5 or i7 processor, and 6GB RAM or 8GB. That'd be awesome. And a good HDD size, such as 500GB, or 450GB, at least. I'd love if it'd have a good and enduring battery - at least 3-4 hours, please (post how much time does the battery have at gaming and surfing the web, please). I'd also want it to have a quad-core processor, just if it's possible. And a "1366x768" resolution.

I'm gonna use the laptop to play games, surf the Internet and watch videos, mainly.

I also want to keep the laptop the longest time possible... The longer, the better.

I thought about this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... But it is Windows 8 and I'd want Windows 7. Also, I'm not from the US... (newegg only works for US, no?)

Also, I don't know if I shall buy a PC, so I'd go for a laptop. My reasons are that in my house, the light turn off sometimes and go back in some seconds or minutes. Would you recommend me a PC with that? Is there any way to fix that? Such as putting something which gives energy to the PC when it hasn't or sth like that? And how is "building" a PC? Hard job? I'd really be scared if I fail at that and have to buy new parts!

I am from Spain, if you need this information...

Also, please, tell me: what's the best moment (month) of the year to buy a laptop? So I can get it cheaper than usual.

Thank you!

Iwillnot

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

Really? I thought it was quite a hard job! Oh well, if by "Powerful and noisy or medium quiet" you meant what I'm gonna buy, I'd like it to be powerful, of course, but not noisy... The quietest possible.

Iwillnot

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Thanks for the answer, practicas, but I do not like that processor...

I looked on the Internet and I liked these two computers, they are similar but they have some differences, such as the graphic card, and the 6GB and 8GB RAM:
http://www.pccomponentes.com/lenovo_essential_g500_i7_3632qm_6gb_500gb_hd8570m_15_6_.html
http://www.elcorteingles.es/tienda/informatica/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=A10229440&categoryId=999.087&isProduct=true&trail=&trailSize=&navAction=jump&navCount=0&brandId=

I'm sorry because it is in Spanish... Well, my questions are:
-Is 'AMD Radeon 8570M 1GB GDDR3' good for gaming?
-What is better, NVIDIA GT 720M or AMD Radeon 8570M 1GB GDDR3? Is it a big or small difference?
-Is 6GB RAM enough for good gaming? Is there a lot of difference between having 6GB and 8GB RAM?
-Is it worth paying $275 (€200) more just for +2GB RAM and having NVIDIA GT 720M instead of AMD Radeon 8570M 1GB?

And finally: do you recommend me those laptops? And which one?

Also, please, tell me if the laptops, PCs and these kind of stuff get on stale in January. Because that'd be awesome, since if I save more, better!

Thank you!!

Turtvaiz

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

DDR = Double Data Rate
GDDR = Graphics Double Data Rate

So practically the same thing.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/turtvaiz/saved/#savedbuild_770997
It doesn't count the case which is roughly 30-45 $
Also you can change the country by clicking the thing that reads "United States"

Mar 7, 2013
Is 'AMD Radeon 8570M 1GB GDDR3' good for gaming? --> Yes, is enough
What is better, NVIDIA GT 720M or AMD Radeon 8570M 1GB GDDR3? Is it a big or small difference? --> Small diference
Is 6GB RAM enough for good gaming? --> Yes
Is there a lot of difference between having 6GB and 8GB RAM? --> No. You can extend the size of memory in the future.
Is it worth paying $275 (€200) more just for +2GB RAM and having NVIDIA GT 720M instead of AMD Radeon 8570M 1GB?
--> I think you are paying those 200€ for the SSD disk (and also by the "CorteIngles" trademark)

do you recommend me those laptops? And which one? --> You have to take by your own the decision , but i dont recomend you buy in the "CORTEINGLES" shops. One example , can find the same laptop (with 16GB RAM and 2GB of Graphic memory) by only 30€ more on this link http://www.redcoon.es/B496959-Lenovo-Idea-G500S-59401338_Port%C3%A1tiles

Iwillnot

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

I see you've steam opened, what games can you play with it and in which settings?

Iwillnot

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

That laptop is better at RAM (16GB instead of 8 or 6GB), but it has 500GB HDD instead of 1TB... However, I could give it a try. Could you tell me in which places of Spain do they have shops?