So I haven't charged my ASUS in a long time and I recently tried charging it to get it back and it works when plugged in to t

Hammer 2

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
So I have an Asus laptop and I haven't charged it in over a year or so so I recently plugged into the wall to see if it still works and it does and it says it's charging but is soon as I take out from th charging cord turn off automatically and won't charge but it says it's charging what do I do

Solution
It sounds like although the charging cord is doing its job, and so is the charging circuit on the laptop, the battery isn't.

A battery can say it is charging when nothing is really going on. This happens as the battery holds less and less of a charge over time. Eventually holding almost no charge at all.

Replacing the battery should resolve the issue.
It sounds like although the charging cord is doing its job, and so is the charging circuit on the laptop, the battery isn't.

A battery can say it is charging when nothing is really going on. This happens as the battery holds less and less of a charge over time. Eventually holding almost no charge at all.

Replacing the battery should resolve the issue.

Solution