Soccer Fans: 3D TV is "Better Than Being There"

Status
Not open for further replies.

botabota

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
[citation][nom]kobbra[/nom]correction not soccer but football[/citation]
Second that!
side note: Wonder who the hell name a sport FOOTBALL when you play with your hand

kobbra

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
[citation][nom]botabota[/nom]Second that! side note: Wonder who the hell name a sport FOOTBALL when you play with your hand[/citation]

I've always asked myself the same question. I think a more appropriate name for american football should be, american handball. That sounds more logic.

hannibal

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
I am impressed! Normal Mr Smith likes 3D gimmick! It may be possible that 3D may actually become the next mainstream after dvd-players and flat screens...
It allso mean that Blue Ray may actually have an extra edge compared to DVD because the bigger capasity allows better 3D experience, than it would be possible with dvd.
Well, well this is something that I did not supose to happen quite soon.

DarkMantle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]botabota[/nom]Second that! side note: Wonder who the hell name a sport FOOTBALL when you play with your hand[/citation]

I too have always asked myself the same question, but then again i'm also always wondering why the US have an event call "World series" where only local teams participate.

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I'm seriously considering making that picture my desktop.[/citation]

Man U fans will be very pleased ;)

I really don't like this thing with the glasses... For the cinema I can see it happening, but wearing glasses in a pub that is plain weird. Maybe fashion designers will start making models of 3D glasses to stand out among the crowd :p

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Just before the holidays I donned a pair of those glasses and look at a 3D display at an electronics store. I was not impressed. The technology needs additional development.

stevesauce

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
Yeah, because when I think of the term "soccer", I think that's the name they should have gave to boxing. When I think of the term "boxer", A) the dog comes up or B) I think of those guys who have to box merchandise at Wal-Mart. HAHAHA!

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Its named Football based on army excercises that were done on foot. In the US, US Football came before Soccer. US Football league formed in 1820's, Football Association (Soccer) formed in 1865. So to replace the name Football with something else made no sense.
Also saying American Football is wierd as well. America is 2 continents. Nearly all of America refers to Soccer as futball.

G

"i'm also always wondering why the US have an event call "World series" where only local teams participate."

That one is easy. America has the best baseball, basketball, and American football players, so when we play those sports, it is the best in the world playing.

America's soccer leagues do not call the championship Copa Mundial because America does not have the best football players. Same with cricket, ping pong, etc.

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
They guy in the front cracks me up... "Uhmm DUH 3-D"

As for calling it soccer or football. Technically it is Association Football. Association shortended to "soccer". America didn't come up with that name either the "Football Association" did in England, so don't pin it on us. Plus America's football is called Gridiron Football. So technically we should call them by their full names and stop the bickering.

Status
Not open for further replies.