solution for analog tv signal to HD tv

NWT

Estimable
Jul 12, 2015
I looked for a converter all were for the introduction of digital signals converted for older tvs. I need to convert the old uhf/vhf "air" signals for use with a HD TV, I saw on the site that a vcr may be used as an interface, and reference to a web site may help the process. The satellite works great but it would be nice to get the local channels.
http://www.hdgenius.net/HD391MINI-MHL-USB-VGA-AV-HDMI-switch-HDMI-COAXIAL-multi-interface-HD-Converter_p165.html

as it is the reception is one of twelve channels and that comes in poorly. I should have kept the 250lb Trinitron, it worked great.

Thanx, Mark

popatim

Splendid
I dont quite understand, Your Tv is already capable of getting the local channels, just connect an antenna and make sure its 'aimed' properly. Yolu can use tvfool.com to look up signal inforamtion in your area and which direction they are coming from. If I read your post right, you just might need an antenna rotator.

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
most hdtv' come with the converter built in them hook up your Arial antenna - you set it up for air - and the channel should scan for the digital signal's - at least all mine do no need for the old converter box on them [like channel 4 analog is 4.1 digital needs to use the . 1 .2 .3 ]

all that should be in your TV's manual

also digital signals are not as strong as the old analog so from the same broadcast antenna you now maybe out of range -- I also lost a few stations I use to get on analog I don't anymore on digital

what tv are you using ?? should show to have - NTSC / ATSC / QAM (Digital Cable Ready] ready to go ??