Solution for continuous video even in power failure

vikas1003

Commendable
May 16, 2016
Hi,

I want to play a video in USB for my shop ad promotion in LED TV handing on shop wall.

So I have one video in USB and I have make it in repeated mode in TV menu setting.

Now the problem is power failure in my city which happen at least 8-10 time in day hours and it forced me to ==>Power on the TV==>Select mode(USB)==> Select video Activity every time the power failure occur.

Is there any alternate solution.

//Vikas

vikas1003

Commendable
May 16, 2016

Hi ,
Thanks for your reply.
It was my fault that i forget to mention one big issue.
Problem is actually not UPS or generator.
I have 12 LED display in my shop and if the power failure occur, it takes some minute to power on the generator.
After the generator is ON, for all the LED TV i need to follow the loop( ==>Power on the TV==>Select mode(USB)==> Select video Activity every time with each TV).

hope now i am able to describe my issue.

//vikas

kanewolf

Judicious
You need a UPS between the TV and generator to cover the time it takes to power on the generator. The UPS is the bridge that covers the outage between the commercial outage and the generator. Is there an automatic transfer to generator or is it manual?

A UPS is still your best solution but since you have 12 displays you would either need a number of UPSs or if you could wire all the AC outlets that the TVs are plugged onto one circuit you could put a UPS on that circuit. Either way the UPS would keep the TVs and your sources running until the generator comes online. You would need sufficient capacity to keep the TVs on for that 10minutes.
Another solution would be to program a universal remote with a one button macro that would have the steps needed to reset your TVs to the usb input. Not as convenient but one remote would work for all of them. If the displays were different then you could have a macro for each model.

kanewolf

Judicious
If the content on the displays is the same, you could connect them to a single display computer with an HDMI distribution amp. Then there would only be one thing to restart and since it is a real computer, you have more capabilities for automatically executing steps at power on.

vikas1003

Commendable
May 16, 2016
Hi All,
Thanks for your Support....

I was just stuck in conversation with premises Owner.

Here is an another issue that I dont get permission from Shop owner to install too many UPS in premises.Also he is not ready to connect all the TVs.

IS there any Solution now.

Can we have some such devices which can be connect to TV directly via HDMI/USB port to resolve my issue.

//Vikas

vikas1003

Commendable
May 16, 2016
Hi All,
Thanks for your Support....

I was just stuck in conversation with premises Owner.

Here is an another issue that I dont get permission from Shop owner to install too many UPS in premises.Also he is not ready to connect all the TVs.

IS there any Solution now.

Can we have some such devices which can be connect to TV directly via HDMI/USB port to resolve my issue.

//Vikas