**SOLVED** Avast is impossible to uninstall! **SOLVED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2019
Hi guys. So while downloading Utorrent I missed unchecking the "Install Avast free antivirus" box and now its freaking impossible to uninstall!

First I tried deleting the folder but it needed Admin rights. (im admin on my pc) so
Secondly I tried giving my user full acces to the file but i just got "could not enumerate the objects in the container" error message.
Thirdly i tried taking full ownership of the file but in the end all it says is "Can not change owner of AVAST".

I've tried IOBit uninstaller but it doesnt to jack and AVAST antivirus isn't picked up by windows as an app and the controll panel uninstall tab wont find it either. It a real headache, its like the Avast developers are playing a cruel joke on people, its crap and I dont want their antivirus on my pc. What do I do? Would appriciate all suggestions..

Thanks!

punkncat

Proper
Apr 3, 2018
Yes, as above, just deleting the folder isn't a clean uninstall option and generally causes issue with the uninstaller. In some cases with AV in particular you have to install and uninstaller, but don't know that to be the case with Avast, per se.
I would re-install the product and then use the included uninstaller to remove it, if there is one.

Jan 9, 2019

The normal windows uninstall did not work, windows would not pick up AVAST as an app, it just did not show up on the uninstall list.(?)

I did however managed to uninstall it using AVAST own uninstall program.

Status
Not open for further replies.