(solved) laptop wont turn on white light (LED) on or blinking flashing orange LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Cruden

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
Found the problem! Take out charger, then battery, and hold down power button for 20 seconds, insert battery, then charger and make sure charger is plugged into main power supply and not extension cord plug etc.

Luke Cruden

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
Doing this makes sure computer is getting sustained power and holding power button while laptop battery is out cleares all temporary ram (no saved docs will be deleted) giving the computer enough ram to be able to start...

Sawyer1

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
You helped me so much! I was messing with my computer all morning. I searched the Internet forever and I find yours finally. I did what you said and it worked instantly. You saved me 150 dollars that I would've had to pay at the repair. Thank you so much you made my day.

eastender

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
I had blinking light. Removed power supply and battery. Pressed switch on button 20 seconds. Put battery and connected power supply and still did not switch on. So some one suggested loose connection near mouse keys. So pressed and laptop switched on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 1
RaymondSWalters Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 8
O Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1