[SOLVED] Redirect output back to speakers from headphone socket

SolarSystem

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
I have an Acer laptop - Aspire E 15 - E5-523-97H to be precise.
I managed to break my headphones such that half the jack remains in position and the computer thus continues to detect its presence and so continues to send output there instead of through the speakers.
What I thought was an obviouis solution - disable the plug in settings and let it revert back to speakers is apparently not an option, as it's not a separate entry - there are only two sound output options - "Digital Display Audio" and "Speakers".

So. My question is: Can anyone find me a solution that lets me send output back to the speakers?

Edit:

Further edit: Can't see a way to add a proper solved tag, so a topic edit it is until a mod comes along....

SolarSystem

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
Whoo!
Found a solution while playing around.

Searched for "Audio" in the start menu, and came up with the HD Audio Manager. In the top right corner of the Speakers tab there's a folder icon that leads to connector settings where I can check a box to "Disable front panel jack detection" and done!

Would have been nice to have that option easier to find. I really have no idea how else I was supposed to find that audio manager, and the option was not in normal audio settings.
Also, why is the settings icon a folder??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 2
JaqueRabbit Laptop Tech Support 16
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 10
R Laptop Tech Support 1