Some details needed about Gateway NV52L-F48D/GK.

panjgoori

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Hello everyone. Im buying a laptop for myself. Im considering Gateway NV52L-F48D/GK laptop. Its actually released for Japan and it comes with AMD A10 4600M Quad core processor. I want to ask that how good is its battery life and how good is the performance of its built-in speakers ? and how good is its screen ?

these three questions are important for me. and one more question. How good are Gateway's laptop ? my cousin told me that Gateway's laptop quality is not good.

The specs I found show that it has an expected 5 hour battery run time. That's pretty poor as far as battery times go but, it does state that it has two graphics cards, the integrated card and a dedicated card, that explains a lot of the short battery time. If you are planning to use this for gaming, you'd want to do that while connected to power anyway. Few laptops can run high performance programs for over 1/2 hour on battery.
I could find no information about screen resolution nor the quality of the speakers.
As far as quality, Gateway is about average, nothing to write home about but nothing to be embarrassed about either. The key is to find out how Gateway's support works for your country (some places it's excellent, others it leaves something to be desired). If the support is there, I'd think it's a good purchase.

panjgoori

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

thanks for the answer. yes its dual graphics card laptop with a Quad Core 2.3 ghz cpu with turbo boost up to 3.2 ghz. there is almost no support from all laptop makers in my country. if something goes wrong with laptop we give it to local shop for repairing. laptops with me usually last long as I take good care of my things. Currently i have Elitebook 6930p and im using it for about 3 years now and its working great without a single scratch on it.

edit: even if it gives me 4 hours of battery life without running games it would be enough. as my Elitebook only gives me about 2 hours of battery life only and im still happy with it.