Some iPhone 4 Users Think They Already Have 4G

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadamus

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
My HTC G2, on T-Mobile HSPA+, generally gets between 6 - 8 Mbit/sec around my office, which is excellent for 3G. Unfortunately, it is absolutely pathetic in many other areas -- including near my house.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
34% of iphone users surveyed believed they had 4G, theyre dumb. 29% of android users said they had 4G,so it is unknown how many of those actually have a 4G phone, and dudes, there are more than 2 4G android phones!And seeing as the evo is so popular I have no doubt a chunk of that 29% actually does have 4G on evo alone.

zodiac321

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
[citation][nom]teddy1234[/nom]Personally i could care less about 4g..... what good does it do since every carrier out there has taken users backward by capping the data? what about pandora? or HD videos? what about music or files on the "cloud"there are so many things that users could do on thier phones but will not for fear of running over their data capps.... this will not just slow inovation.... it will kill it dead in it's tracksSo my question for all you blabering about whose 4g is better... what good is it when you just hit your data cap faster?personally, ive jumped ship and will continue to boycott any carrier that tiers it's data and capps it....BTW, once many of these carriers get you used to capped wireless data, they will also come after your land lines,,,, you forget they tried 15 years ago when dsl/cable first came out but people didnt buy the crap they sold about these hi speed services changing things and they wouldnt be able to keep up.... well they did... now they are trying it with wireless,,,, but all you guys have no backbone to stand up and tell those fat cat ceo's we wont put up with this crap.....[/citation]

let me start by saying Sprint's 4G WiMAX network is UNLIMITED. Thats right, for ten bux extra, its unlimited! In NYC, I use 4G all the time, and I even use it to game. Tell me you can do that on a 3G device... True, Verizon's LTE is faster, but with caps, I rather go with sprint and have a truly unlimited data plan. TMobile and AT&T have enhanced 3G service, NOT 4G technology...WiMAX and LTE are the only 4G technologies out there. And frankly, i dont care if its labeled 4G or 10G, I look at speeds, not fancy names like "Retina Display" when buying a phone

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]shadamus[/nom]My HTC G2, on T-Mobile HSPA+, generally gets between 6 - 8 Mbit/sec around my office, which is excellent for 3G. Unfortunately, it is absolutely pathetic in many other areas -- including near my house.[/citation]

I'm fairly certain you mean kB's, not Mbit/sec. My comcast cable connection only let's me download at 2.5MB's.

But in Sacramento, I just tested 4Glte with my hotspot, it was giving between 40 and 150kB/sec with my limited testing.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
On second thought, I bet you are using Wifi to connect to your offices internet connection. Was this supposed to be a trick statement that I failed to understand at first? :p

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Who cares about 4G? With the 2~5GB data caps, it just means you'll hit your limit faster and cant use it in a meaningful way. ie: Streaming data, videos, music, etc.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Who cares about 4G? With the 2~5GB data caps, it just means you'll hit your limit faster and cant use it in a meaningful way. ie: Streaming data, videos, music, etc.[/citation]
A lot of people still don't have caps, and it's definitely a nice boon to download things in half the time or less when you are downloading.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Why does this article assume that a large portion of the android people who said they already did have 4g where wrong? They can add at least the Epic 4g to the phones list and with that there is a chance that a large portion of the people who gave that answer did in fact have a 4 g phone....

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]cburke82[/nom]Why does this article assume that a large portion of the android people who said they already did have 4g where wrong? They can add at least the Epic 4g to the phones list and with that there is a chance that a large portion of the people who gave that answer did in fact have a 4 g phone....[/citation]

They could know the percentages of android users with 4G capable phones, or they are using the fact that a lot of BlackBerry and iPhone users are wrong, so it's reasonable to assume Android users are not much different as a whole.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]asdfghjkl[/nom]The majority of Windows users think the blue "e" on their desktop is their internet and when they need to send a screenshot image, they include it in a Word file. Some don't even know what a Windows is, "PC" is their operating system.[/citation]

yes but see the iphone users are worse because they spent money on a feature that they thought they were getting. the ignorant windows users clicking on the little "e" icon are getting what they knew they were.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
"While that may paint Apple users in a bit of an uninformed light, not far behind were Android users, of which 29 percent questioned also believed that they had a 4G phone. Of course, some of them may actually be right, if they own a HTC Evo 4G or Samsung Infuse 4G."

Umm okay, so 30% of iphone 4 users thinking they have 4G is nowhere near the same as 29% of android users thinking they had a 4G phone. Because, some of them actually have a 4G phone if they're android users. If your an iphone 4 user, theres no way you can get 4G. Soooo, whats the real statistic, and why is this paragraph relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.