some keys of keyboard are malfunctioning

May 12, 2018
i am having problem with my laptop. whenever i press letter "O" i get "6". whats the meaning of this, how can bring back to normal keys the keyboard?

Solution
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to try this...

To switch keyboard layouts...

Option 1...

1. Click the...
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to try this...

To switch keyboard layouts...

Option 1...

1. Click the "language name" in the lower right of the screen (taskbar).
2. Select the keyboard layout you want to use.

Option 2...

Press and hold the "Windows" key while you press the "Space bar" to change the language.

Solution