Something went wrong here! ASUS F83v

dominic_007

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
Hi guys, last night was on my laptop without the power connector (usually lasts quiet a bit) then pop laptop died I presume it was low battery power. Now I try and turn it back on again and it's not powering up to the screen.

I have tried a few of the usual procedures, remove d/c , remove battery. hold the power button, nothing. Then tried just the d/c plugged in. On both situations, I literally get a few lights on I can show you in these pics. I can hear the Hard disk working slightly but nothing showing on the screen.

photo_1_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Solution
Hi,

First do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then see if will boot up normally and if it does you can connect the battery as well. If it doesn't work connect and external monitor into your laptop and see if you'll get any display from it and if you do press Windows key + P at the same time and select "Display Only" from the options that would appear and press Enter. If there's still no display there might be a problem either with the cable that connects your display into the motherboard and physical inspection might be needed. Lastly if the external monitor still won't display anything reseat the RAM, take them all out for couple of seconds...
Hi,

First do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then see if will boot up normally and if it does you can connect the battery as well. If it doesn't work connect and external monitor into your laptop and see if you'll get any display from it and if you do press Windows key + P at the same time and select "Display Only" from the options that would appear and press Enter. If there's still no display there might be a problem either with the cable that connects your display into the motherboard and physical inspection might be needed. Lastly if the external monitor still won't display anything reseat the RAM, take them all out for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly in each memory slots.

Solution