something with the Hard drive

MattShebrert

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
Despite having my computer built for probably close to 9 months, i have only just realized that my 1TB hard drive (Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive) has never been connected (or dysfunctional). I have been using my 120 gb sandisk (SanDisk SSD PLUS 120 GB Sata III 2.5-inch Internal SSD up to 520 MB/s) for this whole time.
I was wondering if maybe the hard drive is broken, not connected properly or.....

Im kinda an idiot for not noticing that ive been missing 1TB for 9 months xD

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Yeah, Check to make sure it has a power cable and flat sata cable plugged up to it(like the SSD) and that the sata cable also connects to the motherboard sata port. Then go into your BIOS during boot-up and make sure your sata ports are Enabled

USAFRet

Illustrious

Run Disk Management.
Show us a screencap of that window.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008

If everything checks out above, it could be as simple as assigning the disk a drive letter in Disk Management as USAFRet mentioned

MattShebrert

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
For some reason adding bios to my motherboard is being a b* (btw i have a ASRock Mod 1150 ASRock Z97X Killer ATX Motherboard if that makes any difference)

i did the disk management and the hard drive is connected as you can see, just says Unallocated (not sure what that means)
N_9BhHobLVLZEntFIn9VPuCA2UwcedpnnHmMMOBmihOQrj_cc5n48NhT4TLRabUCuOt8Lo2GOQ=w1920-h1080-rw-no

USAFRet

Illustrious

"as you can see"
No, we can't.

But..."Unallocated"
What happens when you right click on that unallocated space?

MattShebrert

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016

sorry thought you could see the image, must of mucked up somewhere, and i think i might have it now... it now says online and healthy (primary partition). So it should be good now... i think :p