Sonic the Hedgehog Returning to 2D

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I've always said I liked the 2D aspent of older games/systems a lot more in many ways.

1) Easier to play, casual fun with less learning curve
2) Not so straining on your eyes and senses. 3D is so hard to navigate, a lot of effort goes into just moving around and trying to remember where you are. Makes me a little head sick actually.
3) The forward/back feels more adventuresome, like you are always waiting to see what's coming at your next - with no way out.
4) I loved Castlevania games in 2D, awesome - I'd love a 360 version of one of them.
5) Simple nastelgia (yea, I can't spell) would make me interested in a good, 2D game. Or the Abe's Odysee games were great as well in 2D.

Do it! 3D and multiplayer online are both over-rated, I never play games online...don't care about that.

And while you guys are at it, stop making games so complex and simplify your menus. I don't want fancy menus for god sake. Just press play or load and make it fricking simple and fast. I have vbery little time for gaming and the complex games don't get played.

xeensd

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
I loved Castlevania games in 2D, awesome - I'd love a 360 version of one of them.

Super Metriod and Castlevania SOTN (all of the Castlevania's) redone with HD sprites...(can we throw some more on the fuel on the fire and request Phantasy Star II and Secret of Mana, Darius and so forth).

I am surprised there isn't a company that specializes in 2d HD updates. That would be all they do.

And add the OST CD quality soundtracks as an option so that you can have original or the orchestrated soundtrack.

3D gaming is highly overated. IMHO as well.

Hopelfully the next 2.5d Wii Metriod will be solid...

Status
Not open for further replies.