Status
Not open for further replies.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
This would be a great gift idea if you have a child just barely old enough to have his own cell phone. Too bad I have two younger nephews not quite in grade school yet. They'll have to wait a few years to have something like this. What age, well...that's not exactly something I want to think about, yet. You know how it is...kids with cell phones. That's a whole new can of worms.

surda

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
this is good for people who work with construction, my friend buys a new phone every month because of his work.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
There should be more "niche" phones like this. Not everyone wants a shiny smartphone. I know people who are simply looking for the toughest phone, smallest phone, longest battery phone, and would gladly just have basic features in exchange!

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]This would be a great gift idea if you have a child just barely old enough to have his own cell phone. Too bad I have two younger nephews not quite in grade school yet. They'll have to wait a few years to have something like this. What age, well...that's not exactly something I want to think about, yet. You know how it is...kids with cell phones. That's a whole new can of worms.[/citation]

A child shouldn't have a cell phone to begin with FFS.

Do your job as a parent.....

G

[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]A child shouldn't have a cell phone to begin with FFS.Do your job as a parent.....[/citation]

Who are you to blurb such utter rubbish!

My child has had a phone since she was 5! Its been my main point of contact with her as she lives with her mother. She has had two phones in 5 years, and has looked after them better than most adults look after their own phones, both are perfect, scratch free and working fully. She keeps within her credit limit, and only once has she gone over her monthly allowance and I get a list of all the calls and messages she has made, making it perfectly safe!

It has taught her to look after her goods, be responsible with her call time and we have a stronger bond because of it! She has owned a laptop for a year now and she looks after that as well, it has brought her a level of trust and responsibility, that IS parenting!

My Son is 5 now and about to get his first phone, and he will also come to learn responsibility from the experience!

You sir clearly have absolutely no parenting skills at all!

whitelyric

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]Who are you to blurb such utter rubbish!My child has had a phone since she was 5! Its been my main point of contact with her as she lives with her mother. She has had two phones in 5 years, and has looked after them better than most adults look after their own phones, both are perfect, scratch free and working fully. She keeps within her credit limit, and only once has she gone over her monthly allowance and I get a list of all the calls and messages she has made, making it perfectly safe!It has taught her to look after her goods, be responsible with her call time and we have a stronger bond because of it! She has owned a laptop for a year now and she looks after that as well, it has brought her a level of trust and responsibility, that IS parenting!My Son is 5 now and about to get his first phone, and he will also come to learn responsibility from the experience!You sir clearly have absolutely no parenting skills at all![/citation]

ROFL Lectures about parenting skills... kids live with mom.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]whitelyric[/nom]ROFL Lectures about parenting skills... kids live with mom.[/citation]

sigh yeah.. parents and thier alectronic baby sitters. if you need a cell phone to be close to your kids.. your doing it wrong. 5 year old and a cell phone.... what 5 year old has a use for such a thing.

kalidasa

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
The phones for his five-year-olds are not about the children, it's about the father. He must have such a rotten relationship with his ex that he has to circumvent the normal methods of communicating with his kids, through a civil relationship with their guardian, by getting them their personal papa walkie-talkies. I love making up stories! Go Tom's hardware!

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]A child shouldn't have a cell phone to begin with FFS.Do your job as a parent.....[/citation]
What part of parenting allows you to judge whether a parent has a need to be in touch with a child remotely in certain circumstances. I can't tell if your comment is more pointlessly judgmental than simply stupid.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]kalidasa[/nom]The phones for his five-year-olds are not about the children, it's about the father. He must have such a rotten relationship with his ex that he has to circumvent the normal methods of communicating with his kids, through a civil relationship with their guardian, by getting them their personal papa walkie-talkies.[/citation]
I can only hope you receive the same acerbic judgmental treatment in your life that you are doling out. Or, in case you somehow don't know it, you are an a-hole to make a comment like this. And I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.