Sonos connect out to 4 inwall speakers

rudracus

Estimable
May 5, 2015
I have just bought a house and the bedroom has 4 ceiling speakers with a feed setup which would require speaker wires. I am hoping to connect my Sonos Connect to these speakers and for this the Sonos hardware provides 3 options - RCA, coax or optical. Was wondering what is the best approach to link and what hardware I would need. The other challenge is I am not able to determine if speakers are coax or analog........................

Solution
This receiver is probably the cheapest way to go
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-200w-2-0-ch-stereo-receiver/4156007.p?id=1219096745208&skuId=4156007
You don't really need the tuner and preamp in it but a basic power amp would be more expensive. If there are any thrift shops near you that would be another option. You need a stereo receiver with speaker a/b selector. It doesn;t need remote or surround sound. You would just turn it on, select the input you hooked the Sonos to, set speaker to A+B, and set the volume control to the max volume you would use. From there on you use the Sonos app.
You cannot use a Sonos Connect to power speakers. You will need to add an amplifier or use a Sonos ConnectAmp instead (which has a 55 watt stereo amp built in).
If you have a receiver or amplifier then you would connect the Sonos Connect to that as your source. If you have used the Sonos Connect before you had it set up with an amp or self powered speakers.
The speakers are analog and connect with 2 conductor speaker wire each.

rudracus

Estimable
May 5, 2015

rudracus

Estimable
May 5, 2015

rudracus

Estimable
May 5, 2015
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. In my prior set up I had it feed into my home theater receiver. Could you recommend a relatively low cost amp or receiver (also preferably one that does not take up a lot of space as it will only be used for this purpose)

This receiver is probably the cheapest way to go
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-200w-2-0-ch-stereo-receiver/4156007.p?id=1219096745208&skuId=4156007
You don't really need the tuner and preamp in it but a basic power amp would be more expensive. If there are any thrift shops near you that would be another option. You need a stereo receiver with speaker a/b selector. It doesn;t need remote or surround sound. You would just turn it on, select the input you hooked the Sonos to, set speaker to A+B, and set the volume control to the max volume you would use. From there on you use the Sonos app.

Solution