Sony’s PlayStation 3D Monitor Arrives Mid-November

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

love 3D of everything. but I sometime feel a little drowsy an hour after watch 3d movies. not sure if that is normal or it just me.

G

Will this be a better option for a PC monitor than the new 27" ASUS VG278H? Any thoughts?

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I love my PS3, but I couldn't care less about 3D, even less for an overpriced 24" display.

Most people who play their games with sound (other than their TV speakers) already have a good home theater setup. So why did Sony "had" to included a subwoofer inside the display?

I can safely assume that the subwoofer is not the only speaker on the unit that added unnecessary cost. I think that Sony could have instead made a BIGGER screen and probably
more people would be interested, say at least 40" 3D screen.

(even then I still wouldn't be interested) but I think it would be more attractive to a wider audience.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Bad move for Sony. I don't think this is gonna help PS3 sales. Sony's trying too hard to get back into the game. Just hurry up and release the PS4 and make it backwards compatible will all Playstation consoles and devices. The launch game should be Final Fantasy 7 remake. Get on Square Enix's ass and have them make that game. That's why we all bought a PS3 in the first place.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Bad move for Sony. I don't think this is gonna help PS3 sales. Sony's trying too hard to get back into the game. Just hurry up and release the PS4 and make it backwards compatible will all Playstation consoles and devices. The launch game should be Final Fantasy 7 remake. Get on Square Enix's ass and have them make that game. That's why we all bought a PS3 in the first place.[/citation]

The sooner that Sony releases the PS4, the sooner the price drop!
Then I will get my PS4, but not even then will I ever get Final Fantasy# even if it actually were the "Final" game of the series! LOL

I have never played any of those games, or waste my time on shooting games either.
I play Wrestling on my PS3 and not much more.

That's why I bought my PS1/PS2/PS3 and in the near future my PS4.

Everyone has a different reason.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Bad move for Sony. I don't think this is gonna help PS3 sales. Sony's trying too hard to get back into the game. Just hurry up and release the PS4 and make it backwards compatible will all Playstation consoles and devices. The launch game should be Final Fantasy 7 remake. Get on Square Enix's ass and have them make that game. That's why we all bought a PS3 in the first place.[/citation]

Actually I bought mine for GT5. Because I play video-games, not watch (Pretty damn good) interactive movies that Square kicks out.

mart666

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Yes, SimulView is a perfect solution for two players on same screen. I don't think they could do that with passive screens...

G

A smart move would be to license SimulView to others so they can make better products for a lower price.

c0oim4n

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
They had a trial of this display at Fan Expo here in Toronto at the end of August, and it is an AMAZING display. SimulView works flawlessly, and looks amazing. The quality of the 3D is great as well. Should be interesting to see how well this sells.

allrock

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Super Stardust is a blast to play in 3D and I could easly see how game designers could create some very unique 3D games as some game types like platformers work very well with the format , I still would like to see true eye tracker 3D in games as every object "you" chose to look at would be in proper visual perspective in relation to the others rendered just like in real life , of course this only works for one player at a time unless there is new technoligy I am unaware of.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]mart666[/nom]Yes, SimulView is a perfect solution for two players on same screen. I don't think they could do that with passive screens...[/citation]
This has been a feature of of passive screen as well. Vizio was the first passive 3D screen to be released and had this since day one. This was the first video I had seen some months back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJcVPvjUJo

The only thing about this though is you have to have passive glasses that only have the right eye for both lenses, and the left for both. As far as I know, no one makes them yet (also just looked on amazon and did a Google search and couldn't find any) So you have to "hack" 2 pairs of glasses to get this to work.

People are also missing the point of this monitor by Sony. It's for smaller spaces. It's for a dorm room, bedroom, or office. It's basically just a computer monitor because there is no HDTV tuner in it, that is why they are marketing it as a monitor and not a TV. It's not meant to be used as a display where you are sitting on the couch 10 feet away. It's a cheap way to get in to 3D gaming.

SimulView is just a marketing ploy by Sony. Most (if not all) 3D displays can do full screen split-screen.

I specifically bought my 24" Gateway monitor 4 years ago for my PS3 and couldn't be happier. I love sitting at a desk a foot or two away from the screen. PC gamer at heart and always will be.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
$500 for a 24" 1080p 3D monitor with crap integrated audio? Whaaat!? I assume they're aiming this monitor for the ignorant gamers who don't know crap about hardware. Hell, for $500 I can buy a nice 40+ inch Plasma .

Hell, I'm sure other companies have way better monitors than this one and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.