Sony Adding Indie Games Section to PlayStation Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Indie games is how Apple can have iphones and ipods being a lead gaming mobile machine, outselling more games than the DS and PSP combined, with out even trying to be a gaming machine.
If you are gonna read that and say, 'I'd rather play games on a dedicated gaming handheld for whatever reason', they aren't targeting you.

nevilence

Honorable
May 8, 2012
@itchyisvegeta
I wasn't saying that at all, I'm saying that Indie games tend not to be little unknowns anymore, they are now a large legit gaming genre. So in turn they seem less indie than they use to be.

immanuel_aj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Well, about time! I hope they manage to attract Japanese Indie (doujin) game makers as well. Now all I have to wait for are regional restrictions on the store to be abolished. >_>

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
"While Sony may have been outpaced by Microsoft this console generation in terms of sales figures" is a pretty loaded comment, that would be difficult to prove, given sales data that's available.
Sony sold less hardware than Microsoft in North America, but had stronger sales in Europe and Asia, so overall the PS3 actually sold more hardware. The software sales in North America are generally the strongest, so it's likely Microsoft edged Sony in 3rd party software sales, but Sony had more 1st party software sales.
So the comment should have been qualified, or left out of the "article".

Status
Not open for further replies.