Sony BMG Greece Hacked, User Info Revealed

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]in that case sell the freakin car and move on! there are millions of other people who still buy Sony anyway.[/citation]
So your solution was to sell the console an loose money on it.
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]dcompart is right and you are nothing but another loser mad at sony because they stopped allowing pirated games on ther consoles. the car anology doesn't fit. if you wanted to keep linux you could have just not upgraded to the latest firmware or use one of the custom firmware to keep linux.[/citation]
Also since when has Sony prevented anyone from playing pirated games. People that hacked their PS3 to play pirated games still continue to do so.
Also your solution to not update the console also doesn't work because it would prevent people to using PSN and the ability to play online. Perhaps if Sony allowed people to sign in to the PSN using a PS3 with the 3.20 system software there wouldn't have been such an uproar.
Actually his car analogy works very well. Sony sold a product with a feature that latter removed for their benefit. What they should have done was to fix the problem.
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]but its not a valid argument really because a car maker does not have to add or remove anything to protect its company but sony does because with all the jailbreaking, pirating and vulnerabilities which Linux support proved to be they have to do everything they can to protect there network and revenue.[/citation]
Funny, because the PS3 was never jailbroken using the OtherOS function.
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]people like you are too narrow minded to look at both sides.also i like to buy both i don't like wasting money on a console that has or had a ultra hogh failure rate which the xbox still had when i bought my PS3. its not enjoyable to have 2 console when you know one isn't going to last[/citation]
Did he even mentioned the Xbox 360?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
So basically these hackers are the completely unethical, moralless ones that feel its okay to capitalize on the well-being of others.

Lowlifes. You give the hacking community a bad name.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]This is starting to smell fishy, like corporate espionage, not just some hackers.[/citation]
Maybe you are right.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]This is starting to smell fishy, like corporate espionage, not just some hackers.[/citation]

That God the Obama administration is talking about cyber security. What a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.