Sony bravia spdif output cuts out

thefatshorts

Estimable
May 10, 2014
Hi
I have a sony bravia 40CX520 which is hooked up to a yamaha DSP AX761 amp via the spdif output at the back of the tv, yesterday when first connected it ran fine for a couple of hours then today it was okay but started cutting out then stopped altogether, ive changed the cable and again it worked then stopped, i notice when i turn the tv on it show a detecting audio system message, but dont know if its related.thanks

Solution
You don't mention what you are watching on the TV. If you have a cable box that channel may be loosing its audio. Try rebooting the box. Then call your provider.
If you have over the air TV try changing the channel when it happens.
The fact that you TV is showing a message may indicate that the source is the issue.
You don't mention what you are watching on the TV. If you have a cable box that channel may be loosing its audio. Try rebooting the box. Then call your provider.
If you have over the air TV try changing the channel when it happens.
The fact that you TV is showing a message may indicate that the source is the issue.

Solution

thefatshorts

Estimable
May 10, 2014
Thanks for the reply. Have tried streaming music over my home network from my laptop, and watching over the air tv, in both cases the audio cuts out intermittently but if i switch the audio output to the internal tv speakers it works fine.