Sony Bravia TVs to Stream From Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikayu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]pender21[/nom]This is stupid. It is not built into the TV, it is an external module.http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10282740-1.html[/citation]

that only apply to tv that are from 2008 or before . most , if not all ,m tv sony released 2009 now have internet link built in . i dont think you need to buy that crappy box that nobody even pay attention to .
sony has their own video service on ps3 . if they even consider an alternative , it would be live streaming and i guess they'll have to put netflix or something else on because we all know that even though sony's sever has imrpoved greatly over the year , it isnt that powerful .i agree hulu should be on every single piece of technology that can connect to the internet .

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Perhaps there is no deal between PS3 and Netflix, but my friend says he views Netflix instant streaming on his PS3 all the time through the built in browser. Might not be as convenient as the XBOX 360 setup, but it still gets the job done.

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
What isn't mentioned is that for $100 you can buy a small set top module that allows streaming of Netflix to ANY tv, even analog. I've been using it for over a year now.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Is the streaming the new flavor of "total complete crap" that Microsoft has Netflix force feeding their customers? If you don't know what I am talking about, google 'netflix silverlight'. The short version is that somewhere between Netflix, Microsoft, and the film studios, pressure arose to switch from the brilliantly high quality flash/windowsMedia based streams over to a silverlight powered, machine bogging, blocky stream of complete crap that is all but unwatchable.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
P.S. in case I wasn't clear, Netflix streaming service completely sucks, I wouldn't even think about getting a set top box much less a TV that had a premium price thanks to this 'feature'. They screwed their customers directly by caving to pressure from Microsoft and the film studios to force Silverlight and low quality video onto their customers when they had a high quality, very efficient player all along.

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]P.S. in case I wasn't clear, Netflix streaming service completely sucks, I wouldn't even think about getting a set top box much less a TV that had a premium price thanks to this 'feature'. They screwed their customers directly by caving to pressure from Microsoft and the film studios to force Silverlight and low quality video onto their customers when they had a high quality, very efficient player all along.[/citation]

You're entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us. I, for one think the Netflix streaming service well worth the money which is effectively zero. I pay the same for streaming as I paid previously just for renting. You talk about deals between companies as if nobody should ever make a dime off any service. It's time to learn that money makes the world go around whether you like it or not.

G

I would rather see them bring Netflix to the PS3 since many of us already own that and it can be used with any display you choose. I already have a LCD HDTV and a PS3 and I am not buying new hardware just for Netflix. I will just continue to use my laptop via HDMI...

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
[citation][nom]TheEnablerNutz[/nom]I would rather see them bring Netflix to the PS3 since many of us already own that and it can be used with any display you choose. I already have a LCD HDTV and a PS3 and I am not buying new hardware just for Netflix. I will just continue to use my laptop via HDMI...[/citation]

Just to be clear, the $100 module which enables Netflix streaming also enables other streaming services. BTW, my guess is Microsoft outbid Sony for the priviledge of streaming through their game console. Xbox 360 has been enabled for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.