Sony Bravia Unsupported Signal Error

ers_panda

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
I am trying to connect my dell Inspiron 5567 laptop to a Sony Bravia XBR-55HX920 digital tv via HDMI. However, when doing so an error message which says "Incompatible Signal. Check device output" . Although audio from the laptop is correctly played from the Tv.

I now that the issue can be caused by the Tv not recognizing the resolution from the laptop, however I have tried every other resolution option and none seemed to work.

I also know that the HDMI cable itself isn't at fault since other computers work normally when trying to connect to the Tv.

I feel somewhat stumped by this issue, hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks!

EDIT: I also forgot to mention, I have also already checked with every HDMI input on the tv, which didn't work either.

Set the TV as a second display. Set the video resolution to match the native resolution of the TV (1920 x 1280 30hz).
Even though the HDMI cable works with other laptops it doesn't mean it can't not work with that particular one.
Try a different cable.
Try a different HDMI input.
Try changing the order you boot the laptop and select the input on the TV that is is connected to. It might take 10 seconds for the laptop and TV to "handshake".