Sony Bringing PlayStation Games to Android

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
So what? There's already PS1 emulators out for Android that work with a Wiimote for actual functional controls. Is Sony's emulator going to play along with the competitor's device, or are they going to try the touch button controls that never work well?

Notice how they're releasing "select" titles. You may or may not get your favorite titles. It was the same with Nintendo's Virtual Console. These guys need to realize they need to offer something better than the underground community offers people for free if they want to make real money off this..

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]So what? There's already PS1 emulators out for Android that work with a Wiimote for actual functional controls. Is Sony's emulator going to play along with the competitor's device, or are they going to try the touch button controls that never work well?Notice how they're releasing "select" titles. You may or may not get your favorite titles. It was the same with Nintendo's Virtual Console. These guys need to realize they need to offer something better than the underground community offers people for free if they want to make real money off this..[/citation]

Uh.. do you know how stupid that sounds? Sony is releasing an "official" emulator for consumers to enjoy their games on a device outside of a Sony branded device. It is obvious that they also only have so much time and resources to remake games to work on a button-less device.

How about less complaining and more appreciation!

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
I like the idea, but... well I dont know exactly how playable it is. I have a droid X and a certain way to play NES games on it, but with touch screen its difficult to use the dpad to move, and the buttons are difficult to press in the right spot, so I dunno how fun itll be to try to use a PS1 control scheme on a phone.

RealityClash

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Now Sony just needs to make an attachable keypad that plugs into your phones micro usb slot that includes analogue sticks. They could even include a slot in the back for a second battery for some extra juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.