Sony CEO Apologizes to Users for PSN Breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

truchonic

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
first!!!! we hear the same all week why just say when the way we stop asking when gonna be release will be cool if they release tonight friday i will play all weekend

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]truchonic[/nom]first!!!! we hear the same all week why just say when the way we stop asking when gonna be release will be cool if they release tonight friday i will play all weekend[/citation]
fail, u were second.
and personally, I've decided that if the PSN isn't up by Sunday morning, I'm selling my PS3. it eventually gets to a point where...well I'd like to play now, besides having my details stolen...

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Or you could just go outside for awhile and get some fresh air. By then you won't care much about PSN anymore.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Brings new meaning to the phrase....a little late.[/citation]

It's better late than early. at least if you are Steve Jobs.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I have to admit Sony is doing the right steps. Trying to help its users protect themselves and then coming out with a apology coming from the CEO. Sony has gained a bit of respect from me for this. Sure its more of a PR move but they could have done nothing and likely have been just as well off.

[citation][nom]Kryan[/nom]fail, u were second.and personally, I've decided that if the PSN isn't up by Sunday morning, I'm selling my PS3. it eventually gets to a point where...well I'd like to play now, besides having my details stolen...[/citation]

I find this very amusing. Not being able to play online for a short time that you know is limited will cause you to sell your PS3 and having your personal information stolen is your after thought. I can only imagine what you would do if you went camping for a few weeks. Would you sell your home and all your belongings in it? While the bear chasing you is your after thought?

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I have to admit Sony is doing the right steps. Trying to help its users protect themselves and then coming out with a apology coming from the CEO. Sony has gained a bit of respect from me for this. Sure its more of a PR move but they could have done nothing and likely have been just as well off.[/citation]
+1. Most people think of Sony for their Bravia TVs and the PlayStation. But the fact of the matter is that Sony is a MASSIVE company and the profits from their PlayStation is tiny in the whole scheme of things.
The fact that the CEO took the time to apologize definitely shows that Sony realized they messed up, and they are trying to fix it.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
lol, the reason I mention the personal info as an afterthought is because I have had to accept that now...and QQing moar about it...not gonna help. what I *can* QQ about moar right now is, the fact that MY BROKEN LEG prevents me from doing much at the moment, and some FIFA online would do a lot to help my boredom. Sitting at my pc is not comfortable in the least and therefore I prefer the couch. I would LOVE to go camping, but seeing as I broke my leg while rock climbing, i'll not be doing that for the next 2 months : /

I would sell my PS3 because I am not getting what I paid for. If my home turned out to have numerous latent defects, of course I would sell it/sue the sellers. Sony is therefore NOT doing the right steps, because it's like your car not being useable for X amount of time, and the car manufacturer simply saying: "We ARE sorry, really, we are doing our best to get your cars engine running again". Not good enough. Give a replacement car or monetary compensation.

troger5troger5

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Its hard to believe that our non profit making government is not trying to money grab sony yet and slow the wheels down of the recovery.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Not sure about the rest of the world, but for Japanese people the gesture of the top brass apologizing is very important.[/citation]
Except the CEO isn't Japanese.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]GuardianAngel42[/nom]Except the CEO isn't Japanese.[/citation]
It's the people receiving the gesture who attach significance to it, the fact that Stringer isn't Japanese makes it even more significant.

Still, great time to be a PC gamer, when Steam has it's network hacked and millions of credit card details stolen you can all make me eat humble pie, at least whilst I am playing my non-Steam games online with impunity of course.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Darkk[/nom]Or you could just go outside for awhile and get some fresh air. By then you won't care much about PSN anymore.[/citation]
...said the computer nerd.
Oh the irony.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
my brother ps all the sudden does not display anything any more after trying to get to netflix to stream some cartoons for the kids.
may 9th 10:20 am

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]...said the computer nerd.Oh the irony.[/citation]
Computer nerds don't forget to feed their children or sue developers for their addiction. Also, more computer nerds actually work as such for a living and more of them exist in this manner...can't really say the same for gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS