Sony Delays PS3 3D Blu-ray Support Until October

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strikerxt

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
pioneer have a working 3D tv that you don't need glasses to see in 3D which is being releast to mainstream in 2013 also there is the Nintendo DS3D coming next year & no glasses needed for that. So 3D with out the glasses is only around the corner.
But i can't see what all the fuss is about the glasses, it's not a big deal. people are happy to put ear phones on there head so why not happy about glasses.

coleipoo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I will start to like 3D when the technology can support it. I hate the glasses. 3-D needs to be built into the TV. Nintendo is doing with the 3DS.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
reason for the delay is to implement code to not allow people who have modded thier consoles with the ps3 hack ... well played sony, well played

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]strikerxt[/nom]But i can't see what all the fuss is about the glasses, it's not a big deal. people are happy to put ear phones on there head so why not happy about glasses.[/citation]
Because they are busting them out for over $80
I can get a real pair of Oakleys for less than that

adrcalei

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]I wish 3D would just die...[/citation]

yeah me too, 3D is just bad and expensive new tech

redzoneos

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
I wonder if maybe they're delaying it because they'll release the new PS3's just in time for the holiday season with upgraded HDMI connectors with true 3D compatibility (HDMI v 1.4)

ElectronicGuru

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
PS3 Fireware 3.50 has been confirmed for a release on the 21st September, this will include the 3D Blu-Ray support.

Also 3D without glasses is already available to buy. TCL (China) are offering a non-glasses 3D TV at $20,000USD. (Remember though the shutters actually fool your eyes by closing left to right shutters in sequence to give you the 3D effect which makes it seem like objects are coming closer to you, 3DTV without glasses doesn't do this and is limited in its 3D effects (It basically just gives more depth) and there is no way around this. For the same 3D effect with glasses you might as well wait for holographic tv's to be released in 20 or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.