Sony Delays PS3 3D Blu-ray Support Until October

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaw2539

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
This actually seems pretty cool. It's probably the only 3D I'll buy into before they do away with the glasses because it works on pre-existing hardware. It's amazing what features they can add without making any hardware changes at all.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
As a Gran Turismo 5 3D tester, i must say it is not looking good. GT5 is a great game but in 3D it looks more like GT2. 3D is a fad that will not catch on, we can only test 3D for 2 hours a day because of the potential "health issues".

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
I find it hard to care about 3d with the current technology TVs are utilizing. I don't know why I would want to pay a ton of money for a TV and shutter glasses when I can see the 3d image flickering. No thanks...

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Got myself Asus 120Hz LCD monitor last week. Games are soooo smooth now at 120Hz refresh rate. I just wish I could use the included 3D glasses with my Radeon 5850 :-( Common AMD, don't disappoint me, or I'm going nVidia for 500 series cards.

qu3becker

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
I was a game tester on a incoming game (won't tell until it is released, soon)
On the PC version, the game is sponsored by Nvidia 3D vision so I had to wear silly glasses during almost 9 hours straight by day. The game was "lagging" extremely because it needs to compute the data twice, I guess that is why it is harder to make a game that can play in 3D without having to "optimize" the graphics.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
I'm sure that Sony isn't delaying it because of "3D issues". The real issue is the PSJailbreak device.. That way Sony can land "3D" with a patch for it's security breach.

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Is it just me or is 3D not that impressive at the moment? I'm not really bought into it, not to mention that it hurts my eyes watching things in 3D. To me, they can take their time, all I want is for PS3 to roll back to allow linux into their systems.

G

I want 3D games! I want 3D games! I want 3D games! More immersion plz

guanyu210379

Distinguished
I will wait until the price for 3D monitors and tvs go down and the technology became stable.
I ain't gonna buy anything at this "trial" technological phase.
I love 3D movies and games, but I will have to wait.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
I worry about PS3 3D gaming. Quite a few games they can just about run at 30fps and rarely higher than 720p. On PC 3D almost cuts frame rates in half, surely PS3 games will take a hit in quality for 3D. 3D Movies however shouldn't be as big a problem so its disappointing that this delay has happened.

strikerxt

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
I loving 3D games. I have a acer 3D monitor & nvidia glasses which are super. paying mafia 2 now. I don't no what its going to be like on ps3 but on my pc i cant really fault it at all. You can also turn up & down how much 3D effects you won't. It also works with most older games.

I would say to anyone that's thinking of getting 3D go for it you won't regret it unless the ps3 or your pc just doesn't have the horse power to make it playable & still look good

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]I wish 3D would just die...[/citation]

I bet you would be happy if MS kept XP for the next 20 years.

Happy with current technology, so why bother inventing new stuff eh?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
3D I suppose has to go through this painful progress, there are no real big leaps anymore as it all happens in excruciating increments.
What we all really want is Hologram TV or even Holodecks.
Give it about 100 years and we may get close but lets just soldier through the banality of wearing 3D glasses until they can do it without glasses then it will start to get a bit more traction.

But let's face it, current 3D is basically the same as it was in the 1970's but this time the glasses aren't red & blue and made from cardboard.
40 years of technical advancement and thats all we have?
NOT impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS