Sony Disses Apple iPhone Gaming in PSP Ad Video

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conner Macleod

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
[citation][nom]borisof007[/nom]That marcus kid reminds me of the kid from Role Models. XD[/citation]

Lol, that's because he IS that kid:) Oh the irony.

[citation]eklipz330
lol i know its hard to come off as not racist as i point out he's black so often... i apologize for that, but i stand by my ghetto hatred.[/quote]

Lol@racism, the kid is actually an accomplished actor and has been on sitcoms and in major blockbuster movies for years, he is anything but ghetto. Try not to be so racist and ignorant next time, kthanxbye.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]What exactly makes you think he his from the ghetto or uneducated? You look at him and assume that?[/citation]
Your right, he's probably from the suburbs which make him even more dangerous. I've got no problems with race, I'm in an interracial marriage even. But lifestyle promotion is the issue. Keep "ghetto life" out of the mainstream. It's more than likely the cause of the 8 times greater violent crime ratio in the African American community than the white.

I'd present statistical analysis but since its not written solely in 1's and 0's and contains references to sex or drug use, I'm sure it'd go over the heads of the majority on these forums.

fritzdiesel

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
I think the commercial is cool. I think the kid is funny and pretty damned witty. There only place I see racism is from you "politically correct" a-holes pretending to not have a racial biased. Take my advice and don't overthink this one. It just a GD commercial!

mrhappy50

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Yea but can a PSP make and receive phone calls?[/citation]

Uhhh.... Yeah it can. well...the new one can with skype.

xpax

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Spoken like a true hater who has never actually played games on an iPhone. Or maybe you think anything less than a full-blown PC game isn't worth playing, in which case any portable like Nintendo or PSP is worthless.[/citation]
PSP and DS have their place in the gaming ecosystem. Personally I don't really have use for one since if I'm not at home, I'm driving and thus not playing games.

You are 100% correct about one thing: I haven't played games on the iPhone. Since there's nothing on an iPhone that could even by the wildest stretch of the imagination be called a game -- I haven't played any.

I have had them handed to me occasionally to try, but fishing gets boring pretty quick (there's a reason why I don't do it IRL). I also tried "Copyright Infringement with Friends" which was lame compared to the game it blatantly plagiarized. So far nothing I've seen has compelled me to install any of them on my iPad.

G

When they start porting Id Tech 5 games to the Iphone, the PSP is going to look like the garbage product it is.

jamoise

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
the PSP 3000 I just bought while I was in Japan about 2 weeks ago does indeed have Skype on it, so yes, you can use it as a phone, just limited to being in range of WiFi, though in Japan, free wireless hotspots are like every few meters >.>

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Nothing new for Sony at all to diss other companies. Seems like most/every major conference they have a shot at others.

Don't think it's such a bad thing - it's advertising that gets people talking. So, mission accomplished.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Yea but can a PSP make and receive phone calls?[/citation]

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-mobile/download/

Look at the bottom of the page, Research before you speak.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Spoken like a true hater who has never actually played games on an iPhone. Or maybe you think anything less than a full-blown PC game isn't worth playing, in which case any portable like Nintendo or PSP is worthless.[/citation]

iPhone and iPod touch games can be pretty damn fun. Although I've grown tired of my PSP (original and really only play MVP 2005 on)

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
Nice one :) And they've picked the right kind of guy for apple's representative customer :) Moron with silly and pointless smile on his face.

konjiki7

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
Nor can most Iphones. lol I takes 3 calls to reach my brother on his 3gs before it actually decided to hold the call.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]xpax[/nom]I haven't played games on the iPhone. Since there's nothing on an iPhone that could even by the wildest stretch of the imagination be called a game -- I haven't played any.[/citation]
I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.

Conner Macleod

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
[citation][nom]fritzdiesel[/nom]I think the commercial is cool. I think the kid is funny and pretty damned witty. There only place I see racism is from you "politically correct" a-holes pretending to not have a racial biased. Take my advice and don't overthink this one. It just a GD commercial![/citation]

@Fritzdiesel, you obviously didn't read what was said. People were lambasting the comments made by tatnick, which appears to have been deleted by admins. They weren't saying that the video itself is racist, most people here enjoyed it, it was the few RACISTS that didn't like it because of the black kid and how he was acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.