Sony Halts Shipment of PS3 Game "LittleBigPlanet" for Offensive Content

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
[citation][nom]mbbs20[/nom]...write a few petitons to the governement representatives...telling them this is write and this is incorrect ..but all v do is..aaah as long as it doesnt affect me[/citation]"You meant what is right not write" Learn to write. :lol:

For you information people did complain about Piss Christ to no avail. It's the double standard that irritates me. I wasn't advocating whining like a little bytch like so many groups already do.

Either respect all religions or respect none, not just the ones you are afraid of. By the way, I'm afraid of none of them.

If people want to terrorize to further some bastardization of their religion then I suggest we deal with those people in kind x 2.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Dear "yasser" and other religious nuts,

Religious freaks think everything is offensive and I'm sorry that you can't break out of your adolescent mindset that you were likely brainwashed with as a child and come to terms with reality.

If by chance, you Muslims and Christians do finally kill each other please do so without nuclear war. Those of us residing here in Sanityville are attempting to LIVE, rather than die for some stupid ideology. Please don't consider me to be an ethnocentrist though, as I truly do respect you all as human beings. That isn't really a compliment though, considering our history and lack of awareness of ourselves and our tendencies.

I understand your draw to your beliefs, and how you can be set so firmly in them. However, it is a lack of your ability to see beyond your rearing, and realize that you are a product of your environment, and then step outside of your familiar surroundings, or comfort zone if you will, to view religion as a whole and take note of why and how it came to be.

You must question what it means to be human, study human behavior, and the history of human behavior to understand why it is that humans have created religion. If you truly do this, you will stop believing in all this nonsense.

If at any time you do wish to clear your head and take a breath of NATURE'S fresh air, please do so. Here in the United States us "liberals and hippies" believe in freedom and the right to it.

Unfortunately, at times we are unpopular, and we are forced to live in a society of complacent morons that will go to war and police the world for whatever reason, that reason usually being monetary gain for the already rich from resource and weapons seizure and sales.

However, it does not change the fact that religion gets in the way of the little beautiful things in life, like the sun shining down or those ironic coincidences you call miracles that we just refer to with words like love and good fortune.

While you're bickering over a song in a freaking game, I'll be at home on my "evil" PC enjoying one.

Sincerely,

~Ryan the Atheist

mbbs20

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Zorg[/nom][/citation]
my friend u wrote "for you information people did complain..."...u meant "for your information people did complain"...and I am not going to laugh at a typing mistake ...anyways hats off for u not being afraid of any religion...... probably the ppl who did protest weren't that many to make a difference to the outcome as the rest where busy watching "the simpsons" at home chillin' and couldn't care less...this is what I am saying if u want your concern to be heard u need to voice it whole heartedly...anyways lets not get off topic...

jennydough ...couldn't be more relative in your view..

moonsite

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
@MDillenbeck -- couldn't have said it better. The problem is people don't understand what tolerance and forgiveness really are.

moonsite

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
@mbbs20: just because people don't complain doesn't mean that they are lazy. Maybe because they are more TOLERANCE of such thing?

mbbs20

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]moonsite[/nom]@mbbs20: just because people don't complain doesn't mean that they are lazy. Maybe because they are more TOLERANCE of such thing? [/citation]

i didn't mean just being lazy..i also meant ppl don't care much about religion anymore...and their is a fine line between deciding when u have to be tolerant and when to stop beating about the bush and voicing your concerns clearly. I could be tolerant to my neighbor over a lot of day to day things but if the same neighbor comes out on the street and starts cussing me and disrespecting my family for "wrong reasons in perfect conciousness" or even starts making fun of me repeatedly proclaiming its all freedom of speech then it would be wrong to tolerate that and I would definetly call the cops to deal with him...similarly u don't have to take the law in your own hands but voice your concerns together and if it doesn't help then be tolerant...bottom line u have to weigh the gravity of the situation and its consequences.

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
[citation][nom]mbbs20[/nom]my friend u wrote "for you information people did complain..."...u meant "for your information people did complain"...and I am not going to laugh at a typing mistake ...anyways hats off for u not being afraid of any religion...... probably the ppl who did protest weren't that many to make a difference to the outcome as the rest where busy watching "the simpsons" at home chillin' and couldn't care less...this is what I am saying if u want your concern to be heard u need to voice it whole heartedly...anyways lets not get off topic...
[/citation]Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't go after your typing mistakes, go back and check, you are good to go. What I was saying was voicing your concerns is OK, threaten people no. I think that these little girls in the media etc, are afraid of the muslim response, I am not. I am not against Muslims, he|| they have the same basic understanding that the Christians, and most other religions, do. My bytch is that they need special treatment, I say no.

All religions need to know that there are people that you can save and there are people that you can not, it's OK. My problem is the bytching, that appareantly you subscribe to that irritates me.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]
I am a muslim, and I think they are doing a great thing. I respect the fact that they respect our way of life. We don't take kindly to offensive behavior, treat others as you would want to be treated.[/citation]
Respect? This has nothing to do with respect. Sony are downright terrified of what you might do to their headquarters if they didn't have it changed.

[citation][nom]mbbs20[/nom]I dont know why but christaians these days are taking their religion and scripture way too lightly...[/citation]

I agree, they do take it lightly. Society as a whole is very tolerant. However, even if Christians wanted to have something censored, they would need to write thousands of letters to the publisher. An anonymous Muslim need only write a single random forum post and they have a corporation quaking with fear.

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
No matter what you say, someone will agree and someone will disagree. Let the chips fall where they may, especially where religion is concerned. There is no force on earth mire devisive than organized religion. How in the world anybody can conclude that organized religion is a good thing is beyond me. "Say something I don't like about my religion/book and I'll kill you" What is it Paul Harvey says......"This is not one world" Truer words were never spoken. And they call us names!!!

moonsite

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
@mbbs20: So what people here are saying is that Muslim are not as tolerant as what the religion preaches. Less tolerance lead to fanatism.
I think of all the major religions out there, Buddhism is the most tolerant. I stated that because I know people who are practicing Buddhism and still believe in other gods (or God).

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
So I take it that blasphemy against Jesus in the majority of games ok then?
example me. if you find it offensive, go ahead, contact the publisher. want me to sign a petition? sure why not.
True, 'cause we know for a fact violence is pretty much the only thing on most muslim's minds when things don't go their way... then you wonder why most non-muslims see you as threats to their way of lives
i've never met an abusive muslim in my life, and i live in new york, the capital for racism.
I sincerely hope in the future we all find a way to truly respect one another.
we both know that can never happen =P. no seriously, your an atheist, i respect that, but than you have to respect the fact that i believe in god. we want the same thing you do, remove the inclusion of religion from the game.
Respect? This has nothing to do with respect. Sony are downright terrified of what you might do to their headquarters if they didn't have it changed.
very ignorant quote.

sorry for the long post. neg thumbs away haters.

mbbs20

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]randomizer = I agree, they do take it lightly. Society as a whole is very tolerant. However, even if Christians wanted to have something censored, they would need to write thousands of letters to the publisher. An anonymous Muslim need only write a single random forum post and they have a corporation quaking with fear.[/nom][/citation]

o comon man...the whole muslim world was protesting against those cartoons of the prophet (PBUM) a funny man had drawn in ignorance and open disrespect even after being notified...the problem was he "didnt care" about the feelings of more then a billion inhabitants of earth, with all the internet forums and news flooded with humble protests and leading afterwards to even some unfortunate violence by some angry ppl, well guess what, nothing changed ..they published it, infact other newspapers published it stubornly as well just to get the sales up and now your theory of a single muslim posting a message on a internet forum and making a corporate giant change its plans is just not sensible...may be Sony is being sensible and sensitive or they have financial gains with a lot more gamers (muslim gamers) buying the game happily.

mbbs20

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Sony, sensitive? They're interested in making money and keeping out of lawsuits (and riots), nothing else.[/citation]

i second that...

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
[citation][nom]mbbs20[/nom]the whole muslim world was protesting against those cartoons of the prophet (PBUM) a funny man had drawn in ignorance and open disrespect even after being notified...the problem was he "didnt care" about the feelings of more then a billion inhabitants of earth, with all the internet forums and news flooded with humble protests and leading afterwards to even some unfortunate violence by some angry ppl, well guess what, nothing changed ..they published it, infact other newspapers published it stubornly as well just to get the sales up and now your theory of a single muslim posting a message on a internet forum and making a corporate giant change its plans is just not sensible...may be Sony is being sensible and sensitive or they have financial gains with a lot more gamers (muslim gamers) buying the game happily.[/citation]So how do you relate this to Piss Christ? You have to be kidding, we let it go, but if the others can't then we will see. Do not mistake passiveness with weakness. Just stop now, clearly you have no clue.

Yes, I am getting sh!tty.

Nice to see that you have taken the time to clean up your posts, mostly, before hitting the send key.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Ok, I'm seeing some rampant ignorance here.

First of all, what happened to the South Park episode mocking the statue of the Virgin Mary that appeared to cry tears of blood? They had a similar statue that appeared to be going through menstruation. Guess what? The Vatican hammered them for it, and it wasn't included on the season DVD and was never broadcast again. The Vatican knew that South Park was deliberately offensive to everyone, and has made fun of Christianity on a regular basis. So why act now? Because some things are too much.

The problem here is not that games don't contain offensive passes at religion, but that ONE SHOULD EXPECT NOT TO BE OFFENDED BY AN "E" RATED TITLE THAT DOES NOT DENOTE OFFENSIVE LYRICS. NOT REMOVING THE SONG IN QUESTION IS RACIAL EXCLUSION FROM A PRODUCT MEANT FOR ALL. As such, I have yet to hear of an E rated game that offended any religious group through religious references. GTA? Great. That's M, and kids shouldn't be playing it. You should EXPECT it to be offensive. Little Big Palnet? Not so much. They would have to re-rate it T or M because of religious references. That would be a decent hit in sales.
IF A GAME IS OFFENSIVE TO ANYONE FOR EVEN A SEMI-RESPECTABLE REASON, IT SHOULD NOT BE RATED "E".

As a white atheist who KNOWS several Muslims, I know that ever since 9/11 they have been targeted with unreasonable fear and hatred. Just because they have different standards for the treatment of their religion, does NOT mean they should be treated as though their religions is a farce.
And considering that Islam is one of the younger religions out there and has such a large following, its truly amazing. I don't support it, though I can support the ones that do practice it, but not even Christianity can claim that track record.

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
I was trying to read what you said, but when you started out quoting south park I stopped. Clowny, don't quote south park to make your point. you loose immediately.

I don't even know what you were trying to convey, because I stopped reading.

I said it twice do you understand?

Third time f...ing south park? you're killing me!

mbbs20

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Zorg[/nom][/citation]

well buddy uv got it wrong ..that example was for randomizers post regarding a single muslim posting a message on the internet and changing Sony's plans...for that I had given the example that even the whole muslim world couldn't change the outcome of that cartoon episode then how can u think a single guy who had respectfully (read his original post...he is respectfully requesting them literally) asked them to do something made Sony tremble with fear...obviously its not possible...so that was the analogy I was giving randomizer...it had nothing to do with Jesus (peace be upon him's) mockery...so please go through all the posts to get a view of what is going on instead of reading the posts from the middle it creates confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.