Sony, IMAX Launching Dedicated 3D Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I wouldn't call it 3D if you need glasses to watch it. 3D should as it should be... three dimensional seen with naked eyes. Yeah, we are far from that aren't we?

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]I wouldn't call it 3D if you need glasses to watch it. 3D should as it should be... three dimensional seen with naked eyes. Yeah, we are far from that aren't we?[/citation]

Nah I was at an airport a few weeks ago which had a 3d TV which I didn't need glasses for. If your talking consumer level without glasses, probably but I'm not sure.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]winner4455[/nom]Nah I was at an airport a few weeks ago which had a 3d TV which I didn't need glasses for. If your talking consumer level without glasses, probably but I'm not sure.[/citation]I'll take the solid platinum unit with the diamond screen. It only raises the base cost by 20%, well worth it in my opinion.

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I don't really know why people are so against having 3D programming. I think it's a great idea. After seeing Avatar in 3D i'm really excited to see 3D making its way to the living room. The glasses don't matter, still looks great to me!

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
If they brighten up the image and raise the framerate above 24fps then I am onboard. I liked Avatar, but would have rather had watched in 2d, 1080p over what I saw at the Malco. The picture was to dark and the picture looked blurry. I found myself taking off my glasses periodically to rest my eyes. Maybe I've gotten too used to 1080p 120mhz high contrast television all the time. When I watched Avatar it was almost like going back to VHS, however maybe the theater needed to replace the bulb in the projector.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
@ sliem:

If you want 3D wihtout glasses available at a consumer level, cut a hole in your wall, add a frame and BINGO, you can view "three dimensional" content with your naked eye!!!

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
@ sliem

If you want to watch 3D without glasses, available at a consumer level, cut a hole into your wall, add a frame and BINGO, you can view "three dimensional" content with your naked eye!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.