Sony Playstation Pulse Elite Headphones and PC compatability?

tgtony

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Hello and good day. A couple days ago I bought the Sony playstation pulse elite headphones for my ps3. When I initially tried them out on the computer (before the ps3), they worked perfectly fine. The audio was crystal clear and I could hear things I have never heard from my music before. I then tried them out with my ps3 and they worked great. Now my problem is, when I use them with my computer now, the sound might be good for 5-40 seconds but then the audio drops in an out every few seconds or so, it sounds like it cuts out but then cuts back in if that makes any sense. I tried updating all my drivers and using different usb slots as the headphones are wireless and connected to the device through usb. Now, tomorrow I will be trying them out on another computer as well as resetting the dongle and headphones to see if that will change anything but I wanted to come here and ask if anyone knowledgeable knows what might be causing the problem. Thank you.

scyonxb

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I have a similar problem...when i first used the headset, it worked fine, but now i have problems. the computer recognizes the device, and when i go into the settings for the headset, it shows the headset receiving audio, i just dont hear it...
im fairly confident that the problem is a driver problem with the headset, but i cant find drivers online to fix it......

TheGoddessEris

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
I got it to work by plugging the included 3.5mm into the headphone jack of my computer connecting it to the usb dongle. I couldn't get it to work by plugging the dongle into the computer, but once I plugged the dongle into an external source (other computer, usb charging plug, etc.), it worked fine.

mbuckingham24

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
I'm sure you've already checked to ensure you are using the correct sound mode on the headset for the task at hand (ie, Game, Movie, Music, etc.).

In Windows under Audio Devices/Playback select your device, and choose Properties. On the Enhancements tab, ensure Loudness Equalization is NOT selected. Also, on the Advanced tab, you can bump up the quality to 48000 Hz (DVD Quality), and while that may not help with your problem, it's still more better..

Also, under Audio Devices/Playback, select your device and choose Configure. Choose Stereo, click Next. On this next page, tell Windows that Front left and right speakers ARE Full-Range by clicking the appropriate check box.

One last thing to be aware of. This headset has a barely advertised feature called Sidetone, which allows you to hear yourself while you talk through the mic. I've never turned it on, but it's possible that background noise could be being fed back through the headset while you're trying to listen to music or something. This feature is enabled/disabled by holding the Mute button on the headset. One short beep is Low Sidetone, two short beeps is High Sidetone, and one long beep is Sidetone Off (default).

Drivetodie

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015

i dont know if you all ready solved the problem. but one time i had a problem where my headphones would only connect to the ps3. i got the ps4 and it wouldn't work. i found out it was the Dongle that was corrupted. i got it exchanged and it works amazingly with my ps4,ps3, and my pc