Sony Reveals New PS3 for Japanese Market

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]kashifme21[/nom]Oh sure its Backward compatible, you just need to pay Sony for the HD remakes Seriously do you expect Sony to give you BC, they make so much money of the HD remakes why bother giving BC? If you want BC they expect you to keep rebuying the PS2. Expect console fags to be lining up to pay for remakes of PS3 on the PS4 too lol, they will do it in droves.[/citation]

Hmm, How about I don't give a crap about PS2 bc ? I got over 300 PS2 games I never ever pop 1 into my PS3. Cuz it's just such a waste of time. oohhhh hey guess what, I got a PS2 sitting next to my PS3 ahhhh.

I have 2 PS2 and 2 PS3, one 60 gb original one is the slim. b4 u say my PC must suck that's why I gotta go console, it has dual GTX 580, that alone it's more than your sorry a$$ can afford with your minimum wage.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]Hmm, How about I don't give a crap about PS2 bc ? I got over 300 PS2 games I never ever pop 1 into my PS3. Cuz it's just such a waste of time. oohhhh hey guess what, I got a PS2 sitting next to my PS3 ahhhh. I have 2 PS2 and 2 PS3, one 60 gb original one is the slim. b4 u say my PC must suck that's why I gotta go console, it has dual GTX 580, that alone it's more than your sorry a$$ can afford with your minimum wage.[/citation]

Lol my main gaming rig has a GTX 580 sli along with a I7 980x i play with on 3 screens :p, making assumptions about peoples wages over the internet funny lol.

Maybe you dont give a dam about BC i am sure most people do.

What big console games are you talking about? most of them are on PC and run better on PC. Personally i dont care about the console exclusive (press following button tomake big action happen rofl).

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
[citation][nom]farleytron[/nom]Chick0n = troll[/citation]

Chicken will also have PS2, PS3, PS4 all nicely decorated under one tv set, gonna look dam clean. He wont be playing any of the old games though. He will line up to pay for the wonderful Hd remakes.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I'm still happy with my 60GB PS3, it plays PS3, PS2 and even PS1 games all in one console.
Even plays Bluray movies!, Now where are those PS4 specs....

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]kashifme21[/nom]Oh sure its Backward compatible, you just need to pay Sony for the HD remakes Seriously do you expect Sony to give you BC, they make so much money of the HD remakes why bother giving BC? If you want BC they expect you to keep rebuying the PS2. Expect console fags to be lining up to pay for remakes of PS3 on the PS4 too lol, they will do it in droves.[/citation]

i thumbed you down because ther IS NO reason for you to get ugly (calling them console fags) I play pc and consoles (i am in school for game design and the majority of the market is on consoles).

but that is besides the point. You are very negatively insulting console gamers simply becuase they essientally lack the money to afford a gaming PC , or they jsut simply prefer playing on a tv and controler as opposed to a small monitor and a mosue and key baord set up. (but when you really think about it price is the number one reason why console gamer's are console gamers that and consoles don't require hardware updates every 6 months)

but stil when it boils down to it , you are essinentially insulting console gamers because they were not born with more wealth /privlages. that in my books makes you the biggest A--Hole posting so far. Nuff said

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]kashifme21[/nom]I have a HTPC its actually neater then having a console. I have it equipped with a 5970. So its atleast 10 times more powerful then a console. Consoles are for kids[/citation]

no consoles are for gamers , who can';t afford PC's or dont ahve teh time or skills necessary to maintain a gaming pc , really sick of you guys making other PC gamers like myself look like a--es with your constant insulting of console gamers

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]no consoles are for gamers , who can';t afford PC's or dont ahve teh time or skills necessary to maintain a gaming pc , really sick of you guys making other PC gamers like myself look like a--es with your constant insulting of console gamers[/citation]

Lol you are only deluding yourself if think console is cheaper then PC. I agree people may not be skilled enough thats a different issue. Consoles being cheaper is simply not true. In fact they are much more costly then PC.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]i thumbed you down because ther IS NO reason for you to get ugly (calling them console fags) I play pc and consoles (i am in school for game design and the majority of the market is on consoles). but that is besides the point. You are very negatively insulting console gamers simply becuase they essientally lack the money to afford a gaming PC , or they jsut simply prefer playing on a tv and controler as opposed to a small monitor and a mosue and key baord set up. (but when you really think about it price is the number one reason why console gamer's are console gamers that and consoles don't require hardware updates every 6 months) but stil when it boils down to it , you are essinentially insulting console gamers because they were not born with more wealth /privlages. that in my books makes you the biggest A--Hole posting so far. Nuff said[/citation]

Clearly you are doing it wrong if you think PC needs hardware updates every 6 months.

G

Wow I'm super confused... the original Gen 1 PS3 only draws 180w and Gen 4 is 60w how can the new one go from 230 to 200????

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]That's why you don't have the games console gamers get.before you say console gamers never get most of the PC titles, sorry console gamers simply don't give a shit, as most of the PC games actually a poor copy of the biggest console games. and one more thing, last I know I play game cuz it's fun, not because it can throw 15 zillion polygons across the screen.[/citation]

you are most definitely wrong , sure i spent my alst two post defending console gamers and consoles , but that's becasue i jsut ahte to see name calling and misinformation thrown around, so ba ba ba boom ... here is where i tell you what a moron you are for throwing mis information around from the other side of the table

first off most pc games are not just " poor copy of the biggest console games", yes some ports are turds , but if you actually palyed games from teh other side of things you'd get amore factual refrence , first off most PC games today are NOT ports AKA copies , infact most gmaes in GENERAL are what is called Multi-platform , that being they were designed and developed for all consoels and PC at the same time IE not a port , job a port is where a game is released on one system and then LATER "ported" to another system.

the deference being , a multi platform developed game , is usualy optimised for all forms of hardware depenant upon what hardware the version is for , that means all code is completely differnt from one version to the next , while a port isn't always compeltely recoded and sometimes is ran though a "portal" software that communicates between pc api (or consoles api) much in teh way an emulator works , hence the term Port.

you look at games from the last 2-4 years and you will see a much larger trend towards multi-platform developing over port-later developing

Already out:
Left 4 dead , left 4 dead 2 , Mass Effect 1 and 2 , Dragon age Origins , Fallout 3, fallout new vegas. Need for speed hot pursuit (the remake), Hawks 2, Call of Duty: Black op's.

Coming out this year:
Tombraider (reboot) , Dead Island, Mass effect 3, Elder Scrols 5 : skyrim,

as you can see the list of multi-platform developed games is QUITE large, and these are teh games i can jsut think off the top of my head .most of these games PC versions offer better textures, MUCH Higher resolutions , as well as moddability in some cases

i would also like to state the polygon limits for modern vid cards has really flat lined in the last 5 years so NO computer games nor current vid cards in pcs can't render 15 zillion polys they render a good bit higher than consoel games do , but FEW games on the computer take advantage of this because dev's don't like the "crysis syndrome" believe it or not, and you saying this makes me think you don't even have a clue what a polygon is let alone enough knowledge to even bring this point up ?

hoenstly every one here needs to just shut up and thnk before they post , console and pc gamer's alike.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
[citation][nom]kikireeki[/nom]I thought that Nintendo is the only company that suffers from Remake fever![/citation]
that's really naive seeing as how Xbox 360 and Sony has a lot more console remakes than Nintendo has. And changing the color isn't a remake. The only ones I remember having a remake was the old old NES and the Super NES. I don't think N64 or even the Gamecube had a remake, but I could be wrong.

alyon

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
If you can't afford a PC for gaming it is very likely you are either a kid or on welfare. Most people don't have them not because the cost but just not have any knowledge of PC gaming.

Consoles are only really good for a few fighters, some arcade racing, and platformers/adventure.

And chances are if you have a PC to game with you also have at least a few consoles sitting around.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Apparently, Crytek is outright denying that they have any knowledge about development of the Xbox 720, or any information about when Microsoft might announce it. Since they were supposedly the source of information about Microsoft's E3 2012 announcement, it should probably be taken with a pretty large grain of salt.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
PS3 blows butt. When the PS3 dangled itself for an over extended introduction... I broke down and bought a Xbox360 a few years back. When the PS3 finally came to the market (when it was $599), I bought one within the first month and had planned to sell the Xbox360. I held on to the Xbox360 because my PS3 had a lot of problems with HDTV connections at the time - hard to believe that it was even an issue.

It's been about 4 years now and here's the low down:

1. I kept the xbox360 and PS3

2. PS3 graphics are better than the 360's but marginally and noticeably if compared back to back.

3. Xbox360 has more games, better quality games, and huge used game market

4. PS3 died after 14 months of use. I used it 50% as much as the 360 and only watched a dozen bluray movies when the bluray drive died. To fix $150-$200... it's better sitting in the corner dead.

5. Xbox after 4 years... still alive and kicking. It had the ring of death in the 3rd year. I went on Youtube and did a modification/fix... works like a charm. Actually works better than when I got it. Up to the ring of death, I'd get occasional freezing or had to restart the 360 after 2-3 hrs of playing. Now it can run until I decide to stop playing.

6. Holy batman... Xbox360 Kinect elevated the entire console. Now I have a turbo charged WII without the ridiculous baton controllers. If you don't own Kinect you don't know what you are missing. Dance Central is really cool. PS3's similar approach with a wand controller like the WII is so 2000 LATE.

7. Revelation... while Microsoft generally get's my back hand... I have to give them high fivers for the 360.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Ummm... don't we already have a slim PS3 console?
So, is it even slimmer then?
Honestly I really don't care when a console gets slimmer. That doesn't make it a new console.
I have the original, Piano Black and Chrome baby! Consoles don't get any sexier!

Also,
With the XBox 720 being revealed next year will Nintendo sell as many Wii U consoles when gamers know that the following year will hold a newer (likely better) XBox system?

Status
Not open for further replies.