Sony Reveals PlayStation Network Plus Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabolical User

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Not to be biased but, isn't this what most companies do to get their "foot in the door" money-wise? Then, before you know it, say 5 to 10 years down the road, you're expected to pay service fees.

kidmidnight

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Given as much trouble as I have had downloading content to my PSP, and the terrible customer service from Sony they will never get another penny from me.

xophaser

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
I don't know, free game are good, but if I really wanted them I would check them out already. I was looking at other features like the Ps crossbar updrade.

I guest they forgot about cross game chat which is included.

brother shrike

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
that's an amazing deal. Live may have more features, but that's a much, much better value. It sounds like the cost is more than made up for with the benefits.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
i'm totally amazed

No xbox fanboys have shown upto talk shit at sony fanboys or vice versa.

that said ..i think sony should do soemthing to stabilize connection speeds for a paid service ,asit is sony uses the open internet for thier online servicing , and pings can vary greatly form one user to the next ,where as Ms uses a closed network so pings are controlled better.

in the long run i don't see where this PSN + will really sell over in great numbers , not when most ps3 gamers can get free connection in games with out this , i just don't see where the incentive ,is really a must have incentive to sell to the majority of PS3 gamers.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Xbox Live gold is now $30/yr (if on sale). Sometimes $35-40.
PSN plus is $40 a year (15 month for $50).
Not bad I suppose plus the added free games.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
not interested, games are over priced, I rarely play online, but I only play because is FREE on PS3 any amount higher than FREE
and I won't used it at all.

as far as download patches, or upgrades that has to remain free I'm sure, for both games that I have already bought and for the hardware itself.

i7Rocks

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]xophaser[/nom]I don't know, free game are good, but if I really wanted them I would check them out already. I was looking at other features like the Ps crossbar updrade. I guest they forgot about cross game chat which is included.[/citation]

cross game chat is not confirmed for the premium service and last I heard they are going to be adding that for the free service and not making us pay for it. Granted I would pay for it as it is the only thing PSN lacks right now to make it a great service.

IM0001

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Whats good about this is it looks like you get a decient of bang for your buck, and on Sony's end, they get some constant revenue to help cover things like network enhancements, operation cost, and whatnot to keep an incentive to improve the service as time rolls on. At $50 a year it sounds like a reasonable bargain.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I predict PSN plus will be like PSN's Qore online magazine service which is subscription based as well. People who like to be the first to see the latest gaming news & previews and sneak peaks, demos, and betas will purchase it. And those that don't will not.

Same goes for PSN plus. As long as online multiplayer remains free for standard psn accounts that is.

So far it's looking like the "plus" in "PSN Plus" is literally that and will appeal to people who have the cash and are interested in those above perks.

m-manla

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
It sounds pretty good considering that I don't just have to pay to game. It includes digital magazines, discounts, games, game trials, and MINIs (Tetris on my PSP is fun!). Now, if they have it to where I don't have to pay a monthly fee when FFXIV comes out, I'm sold!

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom] . . . in the long run i don't see where this PSN + will really sell over in great numbers , not when most ps3 gamers can get free connection in games with out this , i just don't see where the incentive ,is really a must have incentive to sell to the majority of PS3 gamers.[/citation]

You could say the same for anyone who buys XBL gold. . . oh wait you have to have a gold membership to even play online. $50 a year though for a bunch of free bite sized games though sounds pretty sweet.

tearlach2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Oh the important part was "You'll also get exclusive PlayStation Store discounts ranging from 20 percent to 50 percent"
This is how they make it de facto mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS