Sony "Super Phone" Spotted with 13MP Camera, LTE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman1992

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]I wish companies would concentrate on the *quality* of their cameras instead of just throwing megapixels about for the dumb idiots that think that higher numbers ALWAYS make images better.[/citation]
Exactly. Like the iPhone (no I'm not a fanboy, just from my own experience). An iPhone with a lower MP beats the image quality of a BlackBerry for example with more MP. Even my 3MP 3GS shoots better images than my BB's 5MP

xyz001

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]ko2n777[/nom]Two Words. Holy Fuck.[/citation]

Unless, theoretically, the light sensor becomes more light sensitive = better technology. That is what happens over time as well.

xyz001

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]emesis[/nom]Technology does not repeal the laws of physics.To take a good picture, you need light. To get light, you need a big lens. Stick a big lens on a phone and it won't fit in your pocket anymore.Use a small lens and you limit how much light you capture. Less light = lower picture quality.The lens is the weak link. More megapixels won't change that. It's like upgrading from a Core-i3 to a Core-i7 in a computer with a 3Dfx video card - the weakest link that was holding you back is still the weakest link, so it's kind of a pointless upgrade.[/citation]

Unless, theoretically, the light sensor becomes more light sensitive = better technology. That is what happens over time as well.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I don't mind extended MP as long as the optics ect have the same quality as for instance the W995 which was one of the first 8.1 MP made by Sony Ericsson. Shame its just Sony now, they lost a customer.

hyrule571

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Wow, is this a joke? 13MP with ONE LED flash? Thats sad, seriously. Look up the Sony Ericsson Satio, totally owns this phone because Xenon flash makes a big difference(camera wise).

I have the HD2(dual LEDs) and my brother has the Satio(Xenon), his phone owns mine when it comes to flash. When you make a phone with a good camera you make it prepared for anything that you'd shoot. What is 13MP in the dark with really low to no lighting? Lol @ that failure, one LED is not enough.

Inferno1217

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]I wish companies would concentrate on the *quality* of their cameras instead of just throwing megapixels about for the dumb idiots that think that higher numbers ALWAYS make images better.[/citation]

Have you ever met a smart idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.