Sony, the Giant, Falling for the First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightmike

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
That's what you get for releasing a million expansions for EQ. Expansions have no place in MMOs. You should release new content periodically to keep your customers interested. One wouldn't subscribe to a magazine only to receive the same magazine every month.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Yah I don't believe the whole "Sony is behind on the console market" crap. In 2-3 years time both M$ and Nintendo will release new consoles.

The Wii is somewhat considered a re designed GameCube and they will likely release a revamped version soon. The 360 who was the first out of the gates (some might say embarrasingly) initially cost twice as much as it does now.

You really think M$ will say to itself "Oh we've made enough revenue so far." Or Nintendo will think it won't be able to further it's lead against either manufacturer with a redesigned console?

All while the PS3 can stay in the game for another 3-4 years. Sony will NOT drop the price any time soon. The earliest I ever see them lowering the price is around the Holiday season. What happens when all of these eye candy freaks say to themselves, "Hey these games aren't looking any better than they have. But look at those PS3 games!"

/rant

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
Sony needs to find a way to cut the MSRP of the PS3. In addition to this they need to do massive advertising, they need to make it abundantly clear to consumers that their console is the one to have.
Sony was able to that relatively well with the PS1 and PS2 and were extremely successful.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]bigburn[/nom]It's supposed to be 200 billion yen not 20.[/citation]

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed. :)
@ ravenware: Rum or is a PS3 price cut is coming up in April.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Sony does really need to cut the price of their console to get a model at that $200 sweet spot.

It surprising that they've keep up with the 360. It's sold faster for it's whole life (20 million PS3s over 2 years is 10 million a year, 28 million 360s over 3 years is 9 million a year), so at least it's doing better than the 360.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Sorry to hear that.My family owned one of Sony's first product a transistor radio from the year 1960.
It still works to this day after 49 years.We kept it in our Nuclear Bomb Shelter.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
sony is too big, lots of products. most are slightly more expensive than competition. i hope to see an efficient and angry sony corp. soon.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]Apple, let this be a warning to you as well. This very well maybe your future![/citation]

I really hope so.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
They really need to dump star wars galaxies and other useless online games they have, they are not making any money at all but loosing money if it was not for station pass they would have gone long ago.

josh jones

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
too bad for Sony, but they are not alone. perhaps the economic decline will help remove irrelevant products from store shelves and streamline these otherwise over bloated operating systems.. i mean businesses..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.