Sony to Post $3.2 Billion Loss From Last Year

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magnetite

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
What I don't understand is, many people lost their lives in that earthquake and all Sony is thinking about is how much money they have lost. Our society is increasingly becoming more greedy thanks to capitalism.

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
"Apple can put an "i" infront of anything, charge 20% more than it's worth and make billions off of it over the course of the product."

Actually, for iPad and iPad2, they charge at the level or even below competition. Same is true for iPhones. They have overpriced Macs, when you compare them to PC, or especially to what you can build yourself.

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
MxM
not really no, I spec out a dell to match the 13" mac pro and the dell cost more.
Give it a shot. The biggest dissapoitment in apple I find is there warrenty cost.

soccerdocks

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
"I spec out a dell to match the 13" mac pro and the dell cost more.
Give it a shot. The biggest dissapoitment in apple I find is there warrenty cost."

For $1,200 a 13 inch MacBook Pro has the integrated graphics and a 320gb hard drive.

A $750 Inspiron 14R (the closest thing, dell doesn't make 13 inch) offers all the same things but has a 500gb hard drive and an ATI 6470M.

Thats $350 less for higher performing hardware. Macs are far more expensive.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Sony used to stand for quality and refreshing innovation, today its more copycat, lawsuit bickering and alienation of its consumers. No wonder the company have started to move downhill (earthquake or not)

They need to get back to where they were with new tech thats consumer friendly, take todays BlueRay for instance. Sure a nice tech but consumer friendly? Hardly! Why, no real option to record that tv show you wanted, no possibility to copy your data without it costing a fortune for the media. Instead of choosing what the consumers wanted Sony chosed what suited its own purposes better ie prevent the possibility to record on the media for a fair price just to make sure no one could use it for piracy. So all users are pirates is that the message?

Move forward with the consumers, not against them like it have been for a while (Hardly recordable Blue-Ray, PS3 removal of linux, excessive cd-drm that install even rootkits ect).

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]soccerdocks[/nom]"I spec out a dell to match the 13" mac pro and the dell cost more.Give it a shot. The biggest dissapoitment in apple I find is there warrenty cost."For $1,200 a 13 inch MacBook Pro has the integrated graphics and a 320gb hard drive.A $750 Inspiron 14R (the closest thing, dell doesn't make 13 inch) offers all the same things but has a 500gb hard drive and an ATI 6470M.Thats $350 less for higher performing hardware. Macs are far more expensive.[/citation]

Not for the fanatic, holy relics are priceless to any religious fanatic and for them to get something that is priceless is a good deal no matter what they paid for it! Its not possible to argue with a fanatic no matter the proof sadly!

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
all you apple hating people really need to remove their head from their arse

I am not a apple fan as such i have an ipod and a iphone and thats it...

I have it because its just easier to do so...

it does look good, im not saying they are perfect but they are more desirable than anything sony pushes out its backside.

take it or leave it its a fact...

sony dont do it for me any more and havent done for a long while...

they have had a lucky break with the ps 1 and 2 the 3 has been a disaster from day one...

they have cut corners on the hardware - people really dont mind paying extra for the brand which sony does charge extra for if its reliable...

I see Sony laptops come in for repair and they are not as good as they should be..

If you dont like it -- i couldnt give a crap - its the truth.

I have had some wireless issues with samsung laptops too so no one is out on this one.
HP's - i rest my case
Acer - ugh dont go there i have had loads of problems with their crap.
Asus laptops for me are the best but you have to pay extra to do so..

Status
Not open for further replies.