Sony Vaio frequently crashes

wyorkshirelass

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
Hello
I'm trying to find out options to prevent crashes.
I use dreamweaver, office, photoshop etc. which my sony doesn't seem capable of running (although told it was more than capable).
Also told can't upgrade it.

Can anyone help please.

G

Well, presumably you told Sony which model it was (unlike here) and Sony know their stuff. But I haven't heard of a laptop which can't have the memory expanded -- unless it was delivered with oodles of memory to start with (which again you don't specify here).

Other causes of crashes -- Windows may be creaking a bit if you have installed an awful lot of software over the years. A reinstall of Windows will usually also speed things up a bit but you may have to get an enthusiast friend to assess how easy that is (have Sony provided an OS disk or is there a restore partition, for example).

wyorkshirelass

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
Hello
I'm trying to find out options to prevent crashes.
I use dreamweaver, office, photoshop etc. which my sony doesn't seem capable of running (although told it was more than capable).
Also told can't upgrade it.

Can anyone help please.

Model: Sony Vaio VGN-NR10E/S
2mb Ram

I created a dvd backup of system as advised which have re installed several times to try solve problem.

wyorkshirelass

===========================================================================

Well, presumably you told Sony which model it was (unlike here) and Sony know their stuff. But I haven't heard of a laptop which can't have the memory expanded -- unless it was delivered with oodles of memory to start with (which again you don't specify here).

Other causes of crashes -- Windows may be creaking a bit if you have installed an awful lot of software over the years. A reinstall of Windows will usually also speed things up a bit but you may have to get an enthusiast friend to assess how easy that is (have Sony provided an OS disk or is there a restore partition, for example).

wyorkshirelass

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
I had a sony vaio and it worked fine, although not running all those softwares.
I don't know where you bought it but if they told you something and it's ain't working properly I think I would go back to the shop and inquire about it....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got it from pcworld they kept fobbing me off and I wasn't insistant enough to get it sorted, now out of guarantee

TRENDING THREADS