Solved! Sony Vaio Laptop Repair

Mar 24, 2018
I have a overheating Sony Vaio laptop and was planning on taking it apart and replacing the thermal paste. Doing research I found out that the heatsink on my laptop has three metal bases. Two with copper and one with another material, it also has black squares (thermal pads?). I am wondering what materials (excluding thermal paste) I will need to buy to fix my over heating issues. At the moment it heats up to about 70 degrees with normal use (Google Chrome).

Laptop: Sony Vaio VPCEE3Z0E
CPU: AMD Phenom™ II Triple-Core Processor P840
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5145 Graphics
url]

Solution
70 degrees under use is not overheating at all in a laptop. If it gets to 90, that may be an issue, but it should be running even at that temp, just with some hotter vent air.

Run Prim95, see what temps it gets to then. If it's in the 80s, you are fine with temps.

If you have the thing apart already, just need thermal paste and make sure the fan is clean.
70 degrees under use is not overheating at all in a laptop. If it gets to 90, that may be an issue, but it should be running even at that temp, just with some hotter vent air.

Run Prim95, see what temps it gets to then. If it's in the 80s, you are fine with temps.

If you have the thing apart already, just need thermal paste and make sure the fan is clean.

Solution