Solved! Sony Vaio VPCEH3HFX

ARichardson

Honorable
Feb 22, 2014
When I press the power button the power and battery indicator lights will stay on only as long as the power button is pressed. I do not even hear the HDD try and start up. I have taken the laptop apart made sure that there was enough paste on the CPU in case it was over heating and checked all of the cables to make sure that they were seated correctly and tightly, they all were.

I am running out of ideas and places to look to even get this computer to turn on. I hope that the motherboard has not gone back and that is laptop is DONE.

Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

Solution
some laptops have features for hardware safety that if the fan is not working then it will turn off the laptop. But as you said it has little dust on it and it is working, there may be other issues related to hardware or maybe there is some issue in the battery.

sadiqrehan

Great
Jul 29, 2020
Hey, a similar situation happens with my laptop also,
How long does your laptop is not cleaned from inside?
This kind of problem usually happens when your laptop fan stops working or the dirt is stick on the hard drive.
Take it to the laptop repair shop or service center and ask them to clean your laptop from inside.

ARichardson

Honorable
Feb 22, 2014
The Laptop is super clean on the inside. Very little dust on the fan. But how would that dust stop the computer from even turning on? I have repaired computers way dirtier than this computer and they have started up with no problem.

sadiqrehan

Great
Jul 29, 2020
some laptops have features for hardware safety that if the fan is not working then it will turn off the laptop. But as you said it has little dust on it and it is working, there may be other issues related to hardware or maybe there is some issue in the battery.

Solution

ARichardson

Honorable
Feb 22, 2014

Thank you for your reply. The battery is good. The same thing happens when the battery is inserted or removed (only with the power cord attached to the computer). I also believe that the hdd is good also. I'm starting to think that it is the motherboard ☹

TRENDING THREADS