Sony Vegas Pro 12 Rendering Freeze and Stopped

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thejermjermboy

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Hi Guys, I was just messing around with Sony Vegas Pro 12 the other day, and I actually made a great Minecraft Video with it. I tried to render it and upload it to YouTube, but it didn't let me. This is a 20 minute video and the bar just freezes when I try to render the video.

The other day, I tried rendering a 15 second intro video, and it worked fine. I picked the setting as Internet 1080p HD, and I do not know why it doesn't work anymore

The bar usually just freezes at 86% or halfway and more, I have no idea on how to fix this. I'm desperate to upload the new video I made

My GPU : AMD HD Radeon 6780
Processor: Intel Core i5 3.10GHz
RAM : 8GB

Here's a screenshot:

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56/jeremylesmana/VegasPro12Problem.png

yagazuzy

Estimable
May 14, 2015
I finally found a solution. The rendering process would slow to a frozen crawl at the same percentage point every time, so I discovered it was having trouble with one of the video clips. I rendered using the proxies instead, and it didn't freeze anymore.

Qavixen

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015

Here is one more solution that worked for me, i had problem that when rendering video it would freeze at 3720 frames or 18%.
It took me weeks to find solution, there is problem with files that you use in Project that you trying to render out.
Solution is to export current Project as .prproj file for Adobe Premiere, then create new project and import that file. Don't edit anything in video after you import it , just choose your render settings and click render. I hope I helped someone :)

MiniKill

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015

This still didn't work for me is there any other solution as it keeps freezing at 28% roughly 10k frames for me and my CPU falls to 28% use from 92% use (I know that's not good but it's a laptop with and i3 processor and before you say I shouldn't render on an i3 dual core I have done it before)
Thanks for any suggestions

aidenjay345

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

Yah well half of the clips used in my video and half of all the sounds did not show up .-.

Dedotated

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

Where do I even find the GPU in the options? I can't find them in it. HELP. Its starting to piss me off tbh

Flagstone Studio

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Sleepyhead Media even after almost 2 and half years since your solution was posted on this forum to solving the rendering freeze issue, your solution solved my problem perfectly, no more render freezing at 30%! yay !!!! THANK YOU for offering that genius fix. I'm so friggin happy my project is saved and can be completed. Rock on dude. Cheers!

PollyBonanzas

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

Thanks! Your solution helped me.

an_awsome_person

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I tried as many solutions as I could read, including Sleepyhead Media's solution, and none of them worked. In my case, and possibly yours, it turned out that there was a problem with one particular clip. To find that clip, bisect the project, copy each half to a separate project file, and render both. If they render fine, then put them back together and you're done. If there's still a problem, then repeat this process. Keep repeating until you have a bunch of single clips that don't render properly. Upload the problem clips to Youtube, download them with clipconverter.cc, and replace the problem clips with these downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.