sony viao windows 8

heYz

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
I have a viao laptop (windows8). I had it for just six months. Last night I got a windows upate, so I made an update. When asked to restart it, it restarted fine. But when I tried to shut it down then turn on again, it didn't start. It was just in loading mode then screen just turned to black. It's currently in sony service center, they'll check it then call me back. I am afraid they will tell that the only solution is to reformat, because it will really cost me a lot! It's office is microsoft 2013. And I'll lost it if the pc will be reformatted. And I can't accept that the only solution is to reformat, cos I just had it for 6 months, and not yet done paying for it.

What do you think is the problem? And possible solution?

cal90

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Sony may format it but a great alternative if this does happen is to press f8 when you see the windows logo. this would bring you to a blue page that would ask if you wanted safe mode or safe mode with command prompt etc. after you select your choice you would go to the uninstaller page for your applications and on the left side of the page select updates and uninstall the ones that installed causing the error. after you do that install one by one until you find the offending update. once you do hide the update and/or report it to msft. I hope this helps.

You should consider backing up data as well if you have not. This is a good contingency plan in case they do format or you have another issue like this.