Solved! Sony Vista laptop VGN-CR590 needs something

Jan 17, 2019
My old Sony Vaio Vista laptop model VGN-CR590 is in dire need of getting by until I get a job only for light use. Is there a device or add on for storage, memory, driver, speed or anything I need for cheap to help me get by? I know nothing except it is not compatible with new commonly used software to send out my resume

Solution
If I were you, I'd install windows 7. To be honest, I didn't know there were still Vista computers alive and breathing. Vista was completely garbage. So much so, many users reverted to XP until windows 7 came out. Vista is inherently slow, and I think you'll find the computer a little zippier with Windows 7. You'll just have to go to Sony's website for drivers.

If you fear losing anything on the hard drive, buy a new laptop drive to put windows on, and you can buy a case on Amazon for about ten bucks that will convert the old hard drive into a portable drive (giving you extra storage).
Oct 15, 2017
If I were you, I'd install windows 7. To be honest, I didn't know there were still Vista computers alive and breathing. Vista was completely garbage. So much so, many users reverted to XP until windows 7 came out. Vista is inherently slow, and I think you'll find the computer a little zippier with Windows 7. You'll just have to go to Sony's website for drivers.

If you fear losing anything on the hard drive, buy a new laptop drive to put windows on, and you can buy a case on Amazon for about ten bucks that will convert the old hard drive into a portable drive (giving you extra storage).

Solution
Jan 17, 2019

I have a browser but the speed is extremely slow, there is not enough storage/memory and or quirks to even download or updatte job info etc even though I have a thumb drive it is too slow and has timed out even after waiting a long long time to do its job. It is a virus magnet because of the old software without secure updating and browsers have a hard time with my software versions.

Jan 17, 2019

ha ha, my other breathing laptop is XP but it is on life support since it catches anything bad quick.

This laptop did update to Windows 7 but I cannot tell if it did completely. I looked on Sony site which said they are out of the Vaio and or laptop business but I think there were driver updates available but I do not have any storage or memory I don't know which to do any download. It is highly disease vulnerable even though I had antivirus/malware protection perhaps? because my old software can't be updated in my laptops current state. So will a new laptop hard drive solve all my problems? If so please be specific on what I should buy I have no idea how to shop for it.

Jan 17, 2019

still messing with this problem because I have zero patience so now I have a spurt of patience. About the laptop drive purchase is it one size fits all or what specs should I look for please