Sony: Wii Owers Will upgrade to PS3

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnysgraf

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
I have a Wii and think how the hell can you compare the two? If you want apples to apples compare it to the 360.
Unless you use a gamepad for the wii, it's a totally different experience as you move alot more than your thumbs, therefore they're aiming to a different demographic.
I think the only thing that sets the PS3 apart from the 360 is it's a blu-ray player that can play games too (and that's not working out as well as expected for them either).

Sounds like fairly lame optimism from Sony there.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]beeyang78[/nom]It's ok, We are just early adopters, the ps3 will be alive and well 5 years from now and I'm thinking it will have sold more units than the xbox 360 and maybe even the Wii by that time. The system is here to stay and people will buy when the price is right. It's fine if it isn't today or tomorrow.[/citation]
But that's just it, and why I posted the war Sony forgot about in what I said. DVD did not have the complications/confrontations Blu-Ray is having. DVD was the next logical format, it was slow adoption at first, but it was a huge leap above VHS and people welcomed it. In the digital age (now) digital rights and distribution is a huge up-and-coming thing. Once ISP providers up the ante, there is nothing holding it back. Blu-Ray has no advantage over DVD with regards to space limitations (in uncompressed form). It is nothing but a side-step format because a large-capacity DVD or digital copy are capable of delivering the same results. Call it early-adopter if you wish, but the next-gen content distribution format has not been settled yet.

almostdecent

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2005
How can one compare the Wii to the PS3? The Wii is a completely different type of gaming experience, and not based on trying to be the next uber graphics god.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]Left 4 Dead is only only game you listed not published BY MICROSOFT!!!I agree with you but try and come up with a better argument by listing games like Gears of War and Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Games published by companies other than the console maker.[/citation]

actually the list is fine , MS published those games but tehy dont own all those games , I know for a fact that Lion head studios retains ALL rights to any titles they developed , onlyr eason Ms was ALLOWED to be the publisher was becuase it made since , given the title was going to be 360 only , while his list could have been better , it was not a terible list 3drd party exculsives rarely happen these days any way , as few companies can afford to ignore a potential market by releasing title after title for just this or that game company

P.S. and gears of war blew chunks , it was alack lsuter shooter that was bland and mediocre in my opinion , compared to PC shooter offernings that year. few console shooters are rarely great , unless they ahppen to be a port of a pc shooter. but then again i don't get many shooters on consoels , theya re much better on pc , for me consoels go better with sports games and martial arts fighters like soul calibur 4, most any otehr genre is better on pc ( namely fpser and RPG)

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
online gameplay on the PS3 doesn't work anymore(3.15 firmware is staying).It's a shame that $ony wants to alienate customers when they need to be making money from them. If I can't run the PSN how do you expect me to buy anything??? A Wii is the only console I don't have, if I get the money to buy one of the new models I will. And it nows now black and cool looking like the PS3 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.