Sony's E3 2009 Press Conference Roundup

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
wow this is a great lineup. I thought i would be disappointed in GOW3 being pushed back again but it looks amazing. during that time i hope they will be able to get the graphics a little better. but sonys conference was better than

that Metal gear solid gamefor the xbox scared me a little but now that i know that the PS3 is continuing with the solid snake character with a new game it's going to be great

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
They outdid both MS and Nintendo this year. Although I must say, MS got it right not mentioning any sales figures - it's the most boring thing and can easily be obtained through internet articles by the interested.

Natal vs the sony thingy? - Well, imo both are really cool. What gives the edge to Sony is the non-existing delay.

And then the exclusives:

Gran Turismo PSP
Motorstorm PSP
Metal Gear PSP

God of War 3 PS3
FF XIV Online (!) PS3
The last guardian PS3
Agent PS3
Gran Turismo 5 PS3
MAG PS3
Uncharted 2 PS3

They really showed why it's good to buy a ps3 this holiday. I was hoping for a price cut, too, but no go.

Nintendo had NOTHING exciting. Yes, did show Super Mario LMM (Let's Milk it More) and Super Mario MOTS (More Of The Same). And what the hell is up with letting the old lady do the presentation. Couldn't have gone with a younger gamer girl? It felt like someones mother was standing up there telling everybody about her sons new toys.

And finally - although, I don't care about Halo, MS had some serious good news aswell. Looking forward to this holiday :)

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Other than the new FF online game (which for me is not exciting but I know some people like it) there were 0 surprises from Sony.

There's a decent line-up coming though, but they are still lacking the killer apps. I am looking forward to GOW3 and Uncharted but I'm going to play them on my friends PS3. Still no reason to buy one for myself.

Sony's motion control looks better than the wiiaggle but fails in comparison to Natal.

Gotta agree with Zoonie about Nintendo. Slightly better than last year, but other than Metriod it felt like watching E3 2008 part deux.
Oh and I'm pretty sure Nintendo's going to get sued by Richard Gere's Gerbil over than new Mario game where they go inside Bowser.

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Looks like Sony is ready for developers to leverage their sequels this year.

I'm still of the opinion that the PS3 isn't $400-$600 good, yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.