Sony's Hirai Talks PlayStation Phone, PSP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

el33t

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
Sony is pretty good when it comes to analyzing and correcting their previously-made mistakes. I suppose the PSP2 will pack some heavy punch,

G

PSPhone with Tegra2 would have been good. I don't want a single core 1ghz processor in a 2011 phone.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]fayzaan[/nom]Dont put your hopes for PSPhone! It will be a let down...but I guess we will wait and see what happens.[/citation]

how the hell do you know?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]how the hell do you know?[/citation]
isn't it obvious? HE WENT TO THE FUTURE AND CAME BACK TO TELL US

...some people are just so naive

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
PSP was feature rich and suprisingly powerful in it's day. I still have my PSP 1000 sitting here, although I haven't played it much. The thing is, the games were great, the memory sticks overpriced, the UMD games take too long to load, the analog stick breaks alot (on my 3rd).
I would just make one like the PSP GO but bigger and add a phone to it, blutooth, voice recognition for user interface when using it as something other than a game console. Built in- Emulators of a bunch of Sega Genesis games.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
if the psp phone can play ps1 games it must be as powerfull or more so than the psp, im better faster, hopefully more memory and a bigger screen

i only use my psp as a mediaplayer so unless it has a bigger screen or supports third party co decs i probably wont buy

bearracuda

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I really would've liked to see the PSP2 and PSPhone as one item. It'd be nice to see the day come along where all our portable needs can be met by a single item. Smartphones in particular have come pretty close to that, but at the end of the day, we still use our laptops for typing up school reports, our portable game players for playing games (or at least, the gamers do), our music players to play music, and our phones for texting/calling. For the most part.

Still, it's good to see Sony taking a bite out of the casual pie while remaining committed to the core gaming community. Seems like these days, Sony is the only one left that's still got us in mind. Everybody else has sold out or was already gone. Sure, we've got a smattering of companies throwing us amazing support in the PC area, but at the end of the day, Sony is the only real gaming conglomerate left.

I really really wanted to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt with the Kinect, but their xbox division has never quite been the shining star of customer satisfaction. Their favorite pastimes are finding new ways to suck money out of the customer and redirecting them to india if they try to respond.

Since the day they announced Kinect, they've been tooting its horn and keep trying to convince us that Kinect is the bright shining future of gaming. Listening to their press conferences, you'd think they've all but forgotten their normal controller. Almost kind of makes me sad, because now we've seen the kinect, we know it's quite impossible to get any sort of pro gaming out of it, and not even for the reasons the playslaves expected. It has 2 huge flaws:

30 FPS
1/4 Second Response Time

The main struggle of hardware in pro gaming is to reduce response time. It gets to the point of shaving milliseconds off. There's no way in hell pro gaming could be done with a quarter of a second response time.

So... at the end of the day even if it's a small gesture, I can really appreciate the fact that sony is making a specific, dedicated portable gaming device. Even for its shortcomings, some truly amazing titles came out for the psp. Devs didn't just toss out shit at random so you could have something to do on the go, they really worked at assembling some serious titles for us.

I mean, compare kingdom hearts: 358/2 days to Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core, sure they both had sub-standard combat systems, but the story in crisis core was all but staggering, whereas kingdom hearts was more like: "Story? What story? We just wanted to whack things with a keyblade in the car."

G

psphone sounds nice but i must say:

Remember Remember the Nokia Ngage started great and went down i seriusly as owner of a fat and a go that booth projects become a hit...buy the ngage attacked my mind.

can't wait for the hardware some time i read it would give a fight to a ps2-xbox even a 360 with a very nice GPU, and of course a Cell Broadbnd CPU...

HD5870m FTW on this thing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.