Sony's PlayStation Vita Handheld Finally Launches

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Proprietary memory card slot = fail[/citation]

yes cause i would make it so that any flash memory card is able to allow games to be copied on it so the cheap ass users can pirate the hell out of it

FAIL

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
why is the most interesting part here that the camera can do 120FPS?

yes cause i would make it so that any flash memory card is able to allow games to be copied on it so the cheap ass users can pirate the hell out of it

FAIL
No, you could still put that card in your PC and copy games over to it. Besides, it does not even specify what type of memory card. the article just says 'memory card slot'

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Not an important subject, but does anyone else feel like the name "Vita" just... seems out of place? Doesn't ring to me, doesn't seem to fit...

That said, name has no influence on buying decisions for me. I can't speak for others though...

gerchokas

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
I really enjoyed my Psp 2000 back in the day, it was ps2 quality games, great music, wifi, movies and psx games all in one, and i could comfortably carry it everywhere. I even emulated console and DOS games and eventually windows 98 on it before sellin it :]
If I could do those things with Vita, while taking advantage of the new features, damn im interested!!

[citation][nom]digitalzom-b[/nom]does anyone else feel like the name "Vita" just... seems out of place? Doesn't ring to me, doesn't seem to fit...[/citation]

Yeah i agree... I couldve settled with psp4k or Go2, vita sounds awful for a gaming console...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]yes cause i would make it so that any flash memory card is able to allow games to be copied on it so the cheap ass users can pirate the hell out of itFAIL[/citation]
wow that was a dumb comment.
if i want to pirate a game, i can do it on their memory cards...

the reason its new and proprietary is because they want to gouge the vita market who NEED a card to save games. the fact is, games take up a crap ton of space, and with the handheld being near ps3 in quality, the games will be massive as time goes on, and correct me if i'm wrong but isn't everything downloadable too...

[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Proprietary memory card slot = fail[/citation]

im waiting on 2 things.

a bar/qr code reader, and one of these
http://www.amazon.com/MicroSD-MicroSDHC-Adapter-Converts-Cards/dp/B001RPEJA4/ref=pd_cp_pc_1
for the new format.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]yes cause i would make it so that any flash memory card is able to allow games to be copied on it so the cheap ass users can pirate the hell out of itFAIL[/citation]
The problem is that the console should have two slots for flash memory. The proprietary slot for the games and another (say a sd card slot or even a memory stick slot) for general purpose storage. It's ridiculous that every single time I want to play a game I have to take out my memory card that has all my other stuff.

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]The problem is that the console should have two slots for flash memory. The proprietary slot for the games and another (say a sd card slot or even a memory stick slot) for general purpose storage. It's ridiculous that every single time I want to play a game I have to take out my memory card that has all my other stuff.[/citation]

you cant read can you? it has a game slot and their special memory card slot. no company would make you switch back and forth every time since the 1970's. it stupid to think they would, but even worse to make a comment like this since you cant read

Status
Not open for further replies.