Soon You Can Diagnose Your STD With Your Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Count me in... :p

So lady you said that you are urging to have unprotected sex with me..? Sure.. Spit on my stick and plug it in your usb drive, and let see what it said!!!

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Briefly I imagined people taking pictures of their junk, uploading it to the cloud and google cross refrencing their photo with those of STD's then the AOL iconic voice saying "You've got Herpes!"

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
new upcoming versions of Norton and McAfee will include anti-STD protection for your iPhone and PC. and Apple will come up with a protective skin wrapper for your iPhones. it's a condom for your phone.

theroguex

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Um, no, this isn't right. Because now people will self-diagnose their STDs and not tell anyone what they have. There is a reason you go to a clinic to check for these - if you're found to have one, you are required to report it to your sexual partners. This will just make it to where people try to hide what they have and not tell anyone.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
let's just do away with doctors altogether and give people their own prescription pads...
/sarcasm

first thing that comes to mind is misdiagnosis and all the consequences of it...
One can find online guides to everything now, for instance, how to disassemble a car's engine, but that does not make one a mechanic...

shovenose

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Briefly I imagined people taking pictures of their junk, uploading it to the cloud and google cross refrencing their photo with those of STD's then the AOL iconic voice saying "You've got Herpes!"[/citation]
thats what i was thinking too!

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I rather like this idea personally. Many people have unprotected sex with strangers or even
in a relationship where neither party has been tested for STDs. Most people wouldn't bother
getting tested unless they actually think that they may already have something however
with this someone can test themselves or others and actually prevent the spread of STDs.

We also must realize that no one is safe from a STD. Even if your married and faithful
this does not automatically mean your spouse is faithful as well. I think its safe to say that the vast majority of people who find out their spouse is unfaithful do not go out and get themselves and their spouse tested. This could be devastating to the faithful one as
they may not be infected yet and if the relationship continues and they begin to re-engage in
sexual intercourse it would be only a matter of time before the faithful one becomes infected as
well. A simple, affordable, and private test could prevent such a scenario and many more.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Heard about this days ago. The first poster nailed my initial thoughts. I'm not worried about testing myself so much as I'm not contagious. But the point of something like this should be to stay that way. What would be awesome is if this technology could be developed so you could test someone covertly (cuz people are honest, right?). It's all fun n' games until you find out way too late she's another Snookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.