Sound Bar RCA?Digital COAXIAL Issue

hardrock152

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Hello Community,

So my mother is downgrading to a sound bar since she is moving into an apartment and has decided that my sony surround sound system was too over power (it kinda was). I have been shopping around and there are 3 sound bars in her price range that have some good sound output. I am using my ps4 as a bluray/dvd player (which has an optical out) so it is easy enough to hook that into any of the sound bars. The problem is this, none of the sound bars have a digital co-axial input (which is what I am currently using for my tv output).

Additionally, my tv DOES NOT have an optical output (I have been told by everyone that this is not true, and that almost every flat screen has one, not mine, I have searched diligently.) and my cable box does have an optical out, but none of the sound bars have multiple optical inputs.

So all that Here is my true questions:
TL TR:
Is there any way to hook a sound Bar that only has an optical input and an RCA input to my TV which does not have an optical output, nor does its RCA outs seem to actually move the sound from the tv. Will a digital CO-AXIAL output work into an RCA inout, and in that case will the sound be mono?

Thank you!
hardrock152